+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Course mismatch

Harveenk

May 31, 2016
Hey, I am in English literature student. I want to apply for a business related pg diploma like human resource management or marketing.
Is that a course mismatch? Because in my opinion English is a very versatile course and it should not be a problem to apply for such courses. My consultants are warning me as visa officer could reject the visa stating course mismatch.
I am in a great dilemma. I need help in selecting the right course.
Has anybody on this forum with a course mismatch been granted visa?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Harveenk said:
Hey, I am in English literature student. I want to apply for a business related pg diploma like human resource management or marketing.
Is that a course mismatch? Because in my opinion English is a very versatile course and it should not be a problem to apply for such courses. My consultants are warning me as visa officer could reject the visa stating course mismatch.
If you justify the above (in bold) in your SOP then there shouldn't be any problem. Search the forum, I remember seeing a thread or two with people getting
visa on course mismatch as well (but there are majority rejections also with mismatch).

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Harveenk said:
You need to explain your intention. Why that course and how it is going to help you when you return back to your country. Explain it very well in SOP.

Pinky4u

Aug 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys can you please suggest me I have done my BA LLB now I want to do my paralegal course. what do you guys think