+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Course complete. Post Graduate work permit, need help.

vishu639

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
Hello

I have just given last exam of my 10 months duration course. I have 2 options now, go for internship which will be for 3 months or apply of PGWP right away.

If I opt internship, my program duration will change from 10 months to 13 months.
I am confused if my course's duration is 13 months then how many months of work permit I'll get. I have to make decision as soon as possible either to go for internship or apply work permit.
I know if I apply with 10 months of course I'll get minimum of 1 year of work permit.
Thanks

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishu639 said:
Hello

I have just given last exam of my 10 months duration course. I have 2 options now, go for internship which will be for 3 months or apply of PGWP right away.

If I opt internship, my program duration will change from 10 months to 13 months.
I am confused if my course's duration is 13 months then how many months of work permit I'll get. I have to make decision as soon as possible either to go for internship or apply work permit.
I know if I apply with 10 months of course I'll get minimum of 1 year of work permit.
Thanks
You will get 13 mnths of pgwp. Seniors can correct if I am wrng.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
def go for the Internship ...!!! Just make sure the internship is a part of your program ...so you have the credits for that added when you
finally graduate.

with 12 months of PGWP theres always a chance you won't be able to get enuf experience to apply
under CEC before you work permit expires forcing you to go back or get a LMO to extend you work permit(Which trust me isnt easy)

Nw with an internship , you get a chance to make more contacts , theres a chance your employer me retain you ....

Internship is an excellent way of gaining canadian Work ex which will help you to bag a job after you graduate....!!

nd hence increase ur chances of getting a PR under CEC.