Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Is it advisable to change course from India or one shall change it after landing?

My current course is Marketing Management 1 year PG C and I want to shift to Human Resource Management 1 year PG C (the transition would be within the same college) and I have talked to my college regarding the same and it can be done, but I have heard that it can create problem with the VISA/Study Permit if done before leaving ones country, is it true?

Shall I change it now or after landing? Only thing is I am not sure if seats will be available after I have reached there and so I was planning to move right now itself but I don't want this to create a hurdle for me when I am about to leave India or during entry in the Canada.

money0044121

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Visa Office......
chc chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/11
IELTS Request
6.0 band
Med's Done....
12/11/11
Interview........
no
VISA ISSUED...
30/11/11
LANDED..........
soon
no u can change course after reaching canada and requesting the college to change ur course....

jstar1

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2 2015
Nomination.....
Dec 2014
AOR Received.
May 2015
Med's Request
June 2015
Med's Done....
June 2015
hey royalsting
me for same prog. Which college?? Humber??
i too think to shift myself from fanshawe to humber. I will keep same course i.e marketing mgmt as chances of job are higher as marketing people are required in almost all departments.

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jstar1 said:
hey royalsting
i too think to shift myself from fanshawe to humber. I will keep same course i.e marketing mgmt as chances of job are higher as marketing people are required in almost all departments.
chances are infact lowest for general courses like marketing, hr etc. I live in Canada and I know what the market is all about. To survive in Canada, you MUST HAVE SOME SKILLS, otherwise only god can save you from disaster.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
money0044121 said:
no u can change course after reaching canada and requesting the college to change ur course....
Hmm. My only concern is CICs/Embassys/POEs reaction to it. College guys are okay with it even at this point of time.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
jstar1 said:
hey royalsting
Yes MM Humber.