+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Courier Service experiences (Poll)

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wanted to start a thread to know which courier service is the best for sending application?

A) Purolator
B) Canada Post
C) DHL
D) UPS
E) FEDEX
F) OTHER

Please share your experiences guys.

Thanks
T

rajeev123

Star Member
May 19, 2010
I used canadapost regular mail with tracking - its cheap and 4 business days it reached...
It only cost me 13+hst ....for 3 person package -(weighed around 800 gm or ~2 lb)

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just sent mine using Fedex from downtown toronto. It cost me $30.35 for priority overnight. It will arrive tomorrow. I sent it yesterday :)

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Used Canada Post (express post with signature) for 3 applicants with essential documents - 600 gms, cost me $18, all inclusive, normally delivered in 3 days. Mine was delayed by a day due to bad weather in NS, though.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
notalawyer said:
Canadapost, regular and slowest . . . I knew I was going to wait for months, so why the rush. :D
I never thought that way, lol. I also used regular Canada post, no tracking.
Sent the package Sept 29 and it was received Oct 7 (as per eCas).

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
used UPS and Canada Post.

The only reason why I had to use UPS was because they accepted overnight mail for next day delivery to Sydney by 10 am until 6:30 pm. Cost me $46.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
tiarachel85 said:
I wanted to start a thread to know which courier service is the best for sending application?

A) Purolator
B) Canada Post
C) DHL
D) UPS
E) FEDEX
F) OTHER

Thanks
T
Used Purolator ,delivered in less than 24hours , 3 applications package from Montreal 35$ (signature requested).

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Please I need to know which courier (from the listed above services) works on Sundays and offer "next flight" express delivery. Cost is not important , the important is shortest time for the application to be sent from Vancouver BC and received in Sydney NS.
I will be qualified for citizenship on 28th of June 2015 and 1st of July is Canada day which is holiday so I have only 29th and 30th of June if the cutoff date will be the 1st of July.
Any advice is highly appreciated. What will happen if I send my application on 29th of June and received on 2nd or 3rd of July? Do I risk to have my application returned.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oldfriend said:
Hi,
Please I need to know which courier (from the listed above services) works on Sundays and offer "next flight" express delivery. Cost is not important , the important is shortest time for the application to be sent from Vancouver BC and received in Sydney NS.
I will be illegible on 28th of June 2015 and 1st of July is Canada day which is holiday so I have only 29th and 30th of June if the cutoff date will be the 1st of July.
Any advice is highly appreciated. What will happen if I send my application on 29th of June and received on 2nd or 3rd of July? Do I risk to have my application returned.
Based on latest information, I think you will miss the deadline for C24:

mature said:
I called CIC today and asked for the date that Bill C24 Lost Canadians provisions related to my case (born abroad before 1947 to a Canadian mother and non-Canadian father) will come into effect. After a very long wait I got the answer that they will become effective on June 19th 2015. I decided to post this information not so much for the small number of members of this forum who are in a situation identical to mine but because I believe that confirms the general scenario that all provisions of this Bill will become effective this summer

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
For sending anything important, I only trust FedEx.
FedEx is the best, in my opinion as well.

I hate Purolator. A client had sent me time-sensitive documents by Purolator. They claimed to have attempted delivery but that the address was inaccessible or there was no one there. I am in an open-access office tower in the downtown core, our door is always open and we have two receptionists. They refused to try to deliver on the following day, and when I picked up the package, the clerk said: "Oh yeah, this kind of thing happens all the time". :eek:

Some years ago it took UPS less than two days to move a package from New Jersey to the Midwestern state where I lived, and 5 more days to get it from their sorting facility to my home, 10 miles away.

smily_S

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
7-1-2015
File Transfer...
7-1-2015
Med's Request
26-08-2015
Med's Done....
19-9-2014 & 2-9-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2015
tiarachel85 said:

A) Purolator
B) Canada Post
C) DHL
D) UPS
E) FEDEX
F) OTHER

Thanks
T
i would prefer Purolator

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
bambino said:
FedEx is the best, in my opinion as well.

Some years ago it took UPS less than two days to move a package from New Jersey to the Midwestern state where I lived, and 5 more days to get it from their sorting facility to my home, 10 miles away.
I had the exact same problem with DHL: less than two days to move package from Hong Kong to Montreal and 5 days from sorting facility to my home.

To some extend the efficiency of courier service is very subjective ( e.g luck, ...).