+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country Specific Requirements - China

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi there,
I'm just wondering where we should include the country specific requirements. All we need to submit from China (in our case) is the Hukou (family booklet). Should we include the Hukou under the country specific requirement section? The reason i ask is because under the checklist it also states to include a family booklet in the supporting documents for the sponsor. Where should I include the booklet? what I was thinking was I would print out the country specific documents and then indicate the booklet was included with the documents for sponsored persons. anyone with a similar case?

Reactions: diogosouza

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi there,
I'm just wondering where we should include the country specific requirements. All we need to submit from China (in our case) is the Hukou (family booklet). Should we include the Hukou under the country specific requirement section? The reason i ask is because under the checklist it also states to include a family booklet in the supporting documents for the sponsor. Where should I include the booklet? what I was thinking was I would print out the country specific documents and then indicate the booklet was included with the documents for sponsored persons. anyone with a similar case?
How did you do it?
And how did you translate it?
I'm thinking about translating and notarizing in the chinese notary public but I'm worried since they don't do certified copies or affidavit like CIC requires.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
How did you do it?
And how did you translate it?
I'm thinking about translating and notarizing in the chinese notary public but I'm worried since they don't do certified copies or affidavit like CIC requires.
Hi there, we just got a certified translated copy of the hukou and it was accepted by IRCC. It came in a booklet with the red stamps.