10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Hi All,

I received my COPR in October and just realized that the Country of Issue of my passport as mentioned
on the COPR is "XXXXX" however, the Place of Issue on my passport is "YYYYY" (This is another country where the passport was issued). Although passport belongs to country "XXXXX".
All other details are accurate.

So I contacted the high commission as instructed in the COPR to notify about the error. However, according to
them it is correct. The country of Issue is the country of origin of which my passport belongs to.

Is it same for all those who's passports are issued in other countries ?
Can I use that email from the high commission as a proof at the Port of Entry if officer asks me about this ?
I have also raised a CSE but yet to receive any reply for that.

Thanks in advance

The Mancunian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
dan_and said:
That field specifies the country that issued the passport. It is accurate they way it is now. The officer won't question it because it is correct.
Hi dan_and

Thanks for your quick reply.
I checked my GCMS notes before informing the high commission about the error.
In my GCMS, "Travel Doc Country of Issue" is mentioned as "YYYYY". So I went ahead and sent an email to them.

Do you have the same case ?

Thanks again

The Mancunian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
dan_and said:
I don't know why is says something else in the notes. It may be a mistake.

The way it is now is correct. The high commission has confirmed this. What else do you need? If it gives you peace of mind, take a print out of the email with you. I guarantee you that the officer at your entry port will not question this aspect of the COPR.
Hi dan_and,

Thanks for your response again.
Yes I plan to carry a print out of the email from high commission as a safety major.
After all they were the one who issued me COPR and Visa.
And they did mention in the letter accompanying the COPR to inform any errors to "this" office, which in this case is high commission. So I think I have done everything I could from my side.

Thanks again and hope things go smooth at entry :)

Reactions: navem

navem

Jan 6, 2017
Hi dan_and,

Thanks for your response again.
Yes I plan to carry a print out of the email from high commission as a safety major.
After all they were the one who issued me COPR and Visa.
And they did mention in the letter accompanying the COPR to inform any errors to "this" office, which in this case is high commission. So I think I have done everything I could from my side.

Thanks again and hope things go smooth at entry :)
Hi Mancunian

I got my CoPR last month and am planning to land in Canada in March. Today I felt a bit paranoid and re-checked my CoPR and noticed the country of issue was different than the one in my passport. What I wanted to know was how did your landing go? Did the interviewer question the difference or did you have to show the high commission's email?

I have the exact same error as you. Passport is of country X, but was issued at country Y. On CoPR it says country of issue is X. (my nationality is also X) I haven't contacted anyone yet and was wondering if I should.

Hope to hear your reply soon! Thanks.

rzthomas

Jan 12, 2018
Hi Mancunian

I got my CoPR last month and am planning to land in Canada in March. Today I felt a bit paranoid and re-checked my CoPR and noticed the country of issue was different than the one in my passport. What I wanted to know was how did your landing go? Did the interviewer question the difference or did you have to show the high commission's email?

I have the exact same error as you. Passport is of country X, but was issued at country Y. On CoPR it says country of issue is X. (my nationality is also X) I haven't contacted anyone yet and was wondering if I should.

Hope to hear your reply soon! Thanks.

CoPR is correct since the country issued the passport is X; Y is the place where the passport is issued, I clarified this question when it came up while I was completing my PR profile.

Reactions: navem