+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counting full-time work on study permit

sahmad11

Apr 4, 2022
Hello,

I wanted to get clarification on whether or not my full-time experience is considered for express entry. I started working full-time on May 1, 2023 under the updated IRCC guidelines while I was still a full-time student. Before the expiry of my initial study permit in September, I applied for an extension of both study permit and co-op work permit. Starting in September, I used my co-op work permit to continue my full-time employment after getting approval from my university (my employment was related to my program of study and the duration was less than 50% of the program of study). I continued working on my co-op work permit till the end of Fall term (last week of December). After receiving my grades on December 22, 2023, I flagpoled to get my PGWP and then continued my employment after the holidays starting December 27, 2023. I was not working (due to holidays) till I received my PGWP.

Would my experience from May till December qualify for EE Federal Skilled Workers program? I want to start my application on May 1, 2024 as I am assuming this work experience would count and I will be eligible for EE start May 1, 2024 (1 year of work experience).

sam300

Mar 24, 2021
For minimum eligibility yes but not for CRS score calculation. The link mentions this clearly

sahmad11

Apr 4, 2022
I should have specified it more clearly. I meant to ask if I would be eligible to apply. Looks like that seems possible.