+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could there be a possibility of receiving the oath ceremony date while I'm away on my scheduled trip?

Hemotep000

Mar 20, 2024
Hi,

I'm planning to submit my citizenship application soon. Considering anecdotes from friends and connections, it appears that many individuals wait for extended periods before receiving their Oath invitation emails. Consequently so I felt confident in planning my travels to visit my parents in July. I 've just discovered 2023 & 2024 excel trackers and I noticed that a good number of applicants received their Oath ceremony email about 3 months after submission.

I'm worried now about getting an Oath email while I'm abroad. Should I delay my application? Are those people in the tracker a lucky minority?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
If someone actually knows the answer to this....then they should put a ticket on the lottery!

This isn't really a legitimate question given that your invitation could arrive on any day at any time....the god's may be shining on you and your application is put to the top of the pile or maybe not and you get your invitation smack bang whilst you're lying on a beach somewhere. I honestly don't believe there's a way of answering this question even with Data Analysis.

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
It depends on your priorities, I suppose. In your shoes, if i was that concerned, I'd apply after July. That being said, I applied with existing travel plans, knowing that I might have to change them if the ceremony fell between those dates. My personal and family priority was citizenship.