Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I know a lot has been said about the IELTS and the proficiency in English, however, could someone explain to me the following:

When my friend applied for PR, first his application was returned as incomplete, he was not asked to take the IELTS, However he is not from English speaking countries and provided strong evidence for his ability in English ( along with 5 experience in teaching it as a second language).

Do you think in case like this, he might be asked to take IELTS LATER? He applied under the new system with NOC on the list, so I thought as long as the application was considered complete and got his AOR, then he is considered OK with the bunch of evidence documentation he provided, do you agree?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is possible they may ask him to do it later. I depends on what stage of processing returned his application. Maybe they just went over that all the documents were there without looking at them and saw that something was missing. When they start looking at them properly and calculating his points, they may come back to that he doesn't have IELTS. Basically he will just have to wait and see.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Until he gets an AOR , return of his documents means they simply reviewed if everything was properly filled out and in order, After the check , an AOR is issued (which he got),
IELTS will not be required yet because it has not been reviewed.
It is at the IA stage (initial assessment) that a request for IELTS will probably occur

shekhar_a2k

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
Sep 2009
IELTS Request
Oct 2009
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
Med's Request
Sep 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 6, 2011
qbanky said:
Until he gets an AOR , return of his documents means they simply reviewed if everything was properly filled out and in order, After the check , an AOR is issued (which he got),
IELTS will not be required yet because it has not been reviewed.
It is at the IA stage (initial assessment) that a request for IELTS will probably occur
But to the point that IELTS would not be required for now, there is this form which asks if you have taken the language proficiency exam and if yes please send a copy of the certificate. Does it mean that we need to take the exam before applying itself even though we need not send the certificate to Sydney, NS office but rather to your local immigration office once your application is accepted. Please confirm

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
But i also know that the application form that says, if you did not take the English exam, please provide written evidence that supports the strength of English Language. This means that you always have an option, true?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
for the knowledge of everyone, I would like to tell you that my friend's initial assessment completed as he got a letter today from CIC , they asked him for some documents, medical test, and no IELTS,. though he is not from English speaking country, but as I said he has strong evidence of strong E language.
Thanks for all your opinions

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shekhar_a2k said:
But to the point that IELTS would not be required for now, there is this form which asks if you have taken the language proficiency exam and if yes please send a copy of the certificate. Does it mean that we need to take the exam before applying itself even though we need not send the certificate to Sydney, NS office but rather to your local immigration office once your application is accepted. Please confirm
You do not have to take it before but it would be advisable to do it because when you estimate your points for English, you can not know for sure how many you will get if you have not taken the IELTS yet.

The IELTS will not expire as long as it is less than a year old when you apply for immigration.

That is why you should take the IELTS first so you know how many points you get and know if you are short on your total points before you apply rather than to possibly be in the situation later that you gave yourself too many points for English and could not get that many points on the IELTS.