+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply for PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time?

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
I made an express entry profile last month and I received ITA. Meanwhile, I received certification of nomination phd stream a week ago which requires paper based submission (it is mentioned on the letter that I couldn't apply for ee). My question is should I change the question in my ee profile related to nomination to yes or shall I keep as no? Also, I read that I can submit both applications, right?
what did you do at the end. thanks

Preet70

Dec 19, 2015
hi everyone
can anybody please tell that i already applied for paper based PR application and i linked with my cic account as well. now i want to make EE profile as well but as soon as i linked my current paper based application, the option of express entry is gone now, i can not see any option for express entry.
So do i need to make new seperate GCKEY account for express entry?? is that ok to have two gckey accounts??one for EE and one for paper based??

please reply
hey ..did you applied both express and paper based at same time..are we eligible to do this

imanAM

Jul 3, 2017
if you mean by paper based PNP and EE.

Yes you can , I already have !

I have seen many people in this very forum who have done so , there is a very very good chance that PR through EE will be much faster than paper based application.

I have called CIC , the CIC call center agent said the same, they promise to process the PR EE application in 6 months are less.
While paper based normally takes 16-20 months!!
Hi, My question is can some one apply for SINP OID category and Express entry simultaneously?

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi, So I to CIC under PNP in August 2016. Now this is Augusta nd I have not received any medical request yet. So I applied for Express Entry on 22nd and GOT ITA today. I am not sure if I should submit my application for EE now, as I will have to pay 1000$ extra with lot of docs again. Police certificate and all. However, my question is can I use same medical for both Paper based and Express entry? or would I need to have different medical exams. Thanks. :)

Aug 25, 2017
Hi, So I to CIC under PNP in August 2016. Now this is Augusta nd I have not received any medical request yet. So I applied for Express Entry on 22nd and GOT ITA today. I am not sure if I should submit my application for EE now, as I will have to pay 1000$ extra with lot of docs again. Police certificate and all. However, my question is can I use same medical for both Paper based and Express entry? or would I need to have different medical exams. Thanks. :)
I'm on the same boat, I'm about to apply for EE. How did you apply for Express Entry if the system does not show the option anymore after you link your PNP application?
Did you create another online account and linked back to your original account?

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
I'm on the same boat, I'm about to apply for EE. How did you apply for Express Entry if the system does not show the option anymore after you link your PNP application?
Did you create another online account and linked back to your original account?
I had the issue. I created the different express entry profile.

Aug 25, 2017
I had the issue. I created the different express entry profile.
I see, Thanks! I think I'll do the same.
I believe we may need to link the EE application to our original account.
About the medical certificate, I know it's valid for 1 year, so you might be able to re-use the one you did first

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
I see, Thanks! I think I'll do the same.
I believe we may need to link the EE application to our original account.
About the medical certificate, I know it's valid for 1 year, so you might be able to re-use the one you did first
Yes, I checked with CIC. They said I can use it multiple times. By the you should also apply apply for EE. They said they would return my RPRF for one of the applications in 16 weeks, once the other application gets approved. So I am giving away only 550$. People say 550$ for may be a couple of months early, But I am paying for peace of mind.

Reactions: Harve

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi everyone
can anybody please tell that i already applied for paper based PR application and i linked with my cic account as well. now i want to make EE profile as well but as soon as i linked my current paper based application, the option of express entry is gone now, i can not see any option for express entry.
So do i need to make new seperate GCKEY account for express entry?? is that ok to have two gckey accounts??one for EE and one for paper based??

please reply
i had the same issue. here's what i did:

i created a new Gckey, linked my Paper based PR application to the new Gckey, then i logged into my old Gckey and the EE option appeared. i created my EE profile on my old Gckey and then linked my Paper Based PR application back to my old Gckey again. that's how it worked for me.

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi! When you applied for the paper based PNP and EE simultaneously, did you pay the fees two times? I assume you have to pay the 550 CAD processing fee for each application separately and it is not refundable, but what about the Right of permanent Residency fee? Did you pay that twice? Or is it enough one time? Please let me know if possible. Thank you!

hi
so did you pay the right of permanent resident fee twice? i'm wondering the same thing.

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Yes, I checked with CIC. They said I can use it multiple times. By the you should also apply apply for EE. They said they would return my RPRF for one of the applications in 16 weeks, once the other application gets approved. So I am giving away only 550$. People say 550$ for may be a couple of months early, But I am paying for peace of mind.

hi
i applied for Paper based PR and EE. i just got an email notification to pay my RPRF for my paper based PR. i already paid for my RPRF For my EE application. Are you saying that CIC confirmed that they will refund the RPRF for one of my application once approved?