+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could have job, move now or later?

andrea53

Feb 5, 2006
Hi there,

My husband and I are seriously considering relocating to Canada, as he could get a transfer within the company he works for to an office in Edmonton, Alberta. We are both graduates with 4+ years experience and approx 77 points each.

My question is can we move to Canada on the basis of my husband having a job and then apply for PR? Or do we have to wait in the UK? If we were able to go before applying for PR would I be able to get a work permit in the interim period and would I be able to work in my current profession (secondary school teacher)?

Sorry for having lots of questions, but having read lots of the websites concerned I have not been able to find any answers to these in particular.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Andrea53

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andrea53 said:
Hi there,

My husband and I are seriously considering relocating to Canada, as he could get a transfer within the company he works for to an office in Edmonton, Alberta. We are both graduates with 4+ years experience and approx 77 points each.

My question is can we move to Canada on the basis of my husband having a job and then apply for PR? Or do we have to wait in the UK? If we were able to go before applying for PR would I be able to get a work permit in the interim period and would I be able to work in my current profession (secondary school teacher)?

Sorry for having lots of questions, but having read lots of the websites concerned I have not been able to find any answers to these in particular.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Andrea53
1. Yes, if you or your spouse get a work permint, then you could apply for PR status, either in your home country or Buffalo, if you were admitted to Canada for a year.
2. Ensure that you have a US visitor visa (if required) so that you can get to Buffalo if an interview is required. The US will not usually give them to attend an interview.
3. Most questions can be answered on www.cic.gc.ca

PMM

Angie

Jan 12, 2006
Hi Andrea,

Maybe in the meantime check to see if you need a Teaching Certificate that recognises your qualification. My sister had to get one for Ontario before she could get hired by a school here.

Also check out 'apply to teach' a website that is specifically people in the teaching profession. Good luck :)