+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correcting Honest Mistake on PR application already submitted

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
@sabs1985
I had a similar issue, I found from the GCMS notes that the officer did not recognize my experience as the specified NOC. I had my employer reissue my employment history letter with detailed description for every position I held. I then uploaded it via web form and added an explanation letter.
My advise is to do the same thing and send an explanation letter along with your employment history through a web form, that should do it.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Szabolcs

Sep 25, 2020
Hi
When i applied for PR i forgot to mention my Previous name (name at birth) and i wrote my current name by mistake and i did not provide proof of name change. Whats gonna happen? When im gonna apply for citizenship they asking the same. So im not sure what to do? I dont wanna get deported... because of this name issue...Help me please

goldbogus

Jul 10, 2019
No need to cancel the application and start afresh. Mistakes do happen. As long as he raised a case and sent a letter of application about it immediately he realised his mistake, he should be fine. It takes about 10 business days for the case he raised to be attached to his file. He should call CIC after about 10 days to confirm if it’s now been attached to his application . He should also get an email advising that the case he raised has been sent to the appropriate department.

Speaking from experience - I forgot to mention a visa refusal. This is what I did and it got attached to my case and I got my PR. Best of luck.
Hello pls have same problem as urs how do i draft the letter

mitwa1990

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
NOC Code......
I incorrectly mentioned the name of my previously worked company and I realized this few days after I got a AOR.

My original name of the company is "ABC Contracting LLC DBA XYZ" (company generally refers as XYZ). But by mistake, I mentioned "ABC Consulting LLC DBA XYZ" (Consulting instead of Contracting) in the profile, application after ITA and LOE. However, I am not claiming points for this as I worked for just three weeks and the NOC was different.

Since the name of the company on most of the documents is XYZ, I mentioned the same in LOE. However, I made the same mistake in LOE and mentioning "Consulting" instead of "Contracting". I am not sure what I should be doing to rectify the company's name in submitted application? Should I raise a webform and let them know?

margeshparmar

Feb 15, 2021
Hello,
I have one question. By mistake, I did Yes on "Was MARGESH HARSHADKUMAR PARMAR awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? " this section for my back home degree. So they did not ask for my WES credentials to upload, but I have uploaded them when I submitted my Degree and Certificate documents. It is just a mistake that I choose yes instead of No. Will it cause rejection?
is that a problem because I cannot change it now as my application is under process.
AOR- October 24, 2020.
Please Suggest

Mann K

Mar 27, 2021
I submit my PR application in august which was refuse due to incomplete Australian police check. Now I submit my file this month and I found I forgot to mention my previous marriage or divorce in past PR application but now I submit all correct information and send enquiry to that issue was oversight.. can anyone help me with this what should be done

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Vivek2202

Aug 9, 2021
Hello all. I have a quick question to ask the members of this forum on behalf of a close friend who made a mistake on his PR application (CEC Inland). He mis-interpreted and mistakenly replied NO to one of the statutory questions which asked if he has been refused a PR visa. He was refused an EE application under the FSW class. He realized the mistake after submitting his application and reached out to others to ask for a solution. He was told to raise a CSE and explain that it was a honest mistake, and also attach a copy of the refusal letter from the previous application just to substantiate his point. This is expected to show his honest intention to let CIC know and correct the error before a decision is made on his application. His application is yet to be processed because this happened barely a week ago. He has submitted the CSE 5 days after submitting his PR application and yet to get a response from CIC. Should he just wait for an acknowledgement of the CSE from CIC? He is deeply troubled unhappy so I decided to reach out on his behalf to get opinions of other enlightened folks.kindly Give your advice, particularly if you have made a similar error in the past and eventually got your PPR. Thank you so much
Hi Dannyboy,

I did the same mistake of mistakenly replied NO to one of the statutory questions which asked if he has been refused visa or permit. but my work permit got refused initially, later my company re-file new work permit. i submitted my CEC inland application two days ago. didn't receive AOR yet. please let me know what steps to be followed to update that question. suggest me what steps has to follow.
do I need to withdraw my application.?

Vivek2202

Aug 9, 2021
No need to cancel the application and start afresh. Mistakes do happen. As long as he raised a case and sent a letter of application about it immediately he realised his mistake, he should be fine. It takes about 10 business days for the case he raised to be attached to his file. He should call CIC after about 10 days to confirm if it’s now been attached to his application . He should also get an email advising that the case he raised has been sent to the appropriate department.

Speaking from experience - I forgot to mention a visa refusal. This is what I did and it got attached to my case and I got my PR. Best of luck.
I did the same mistake of mistakenly replied NO to one of the statutory questions which asked if he has been refused visa or permit. but my work permit got refused initially, later my company re-file new work permit. i submitted my CEC inland application two days ago. didn't receive AOR yet. please let me know what steps to be followed to update that question. suggest me what steps has to follow.
do I need to withdraw my application.?

Vandan25

Oct 7, 2021
Hello all. I have a quick question to ask the members of this forum on behalf of a close friend who made a mistake on his PR application (CEC Inland). He mis-interpreted and mistakenly replied NO to one of the statutory questions which asked if he has been refused a PR visa. He was refused an EE application under the FSW class. He realized the mistake after submitting his application and reached out to others to ask for a solution. He was told to raise a CSE and explain that it was a honest mistake, and also attach a copy of the refusal letter from the previous application just to substantiate his point. This is expected to show his honest intention to let CIC know and correct the error before a decision is made on his application. His application is yet to be processed because this happened barely a week ago. He has submitted the CSE 5 days after submitting his PR application and yet to get a response from CIC. Should he just wait for an acknowledgement of the CSE from CIC? He is deeply troubled unhappy so I decided to reach out on his behalf to get opinions of other enlightened folks.kindly Give your advice, particularly if you have made a similar error in the past and eventually got your PPR. Thank you so much
I have submitted my application on 26th July and I realized that I have made same mistake(not 100% sure). It been more than 2 months, what should I do?

naila.daud

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Category........
PNP

Hi jaykay,
In my application my spouse by mistake select no to visa refuse but he got canada study visa refusal. Our application in background check stage We got letter yesterday they want explaination why he select no when he got refusal.
My question after this letter they will reject my PR or no?