+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correct Answers to Score - Reading and Listening

man_man170

Jul 4, 2009
Hello,
Does anyone know for sure how is the score derived based on the correct answers on Listening and Reading.
I was looking for information as to how much would one need to get correct answers to achieve 6.5 in Reading and 7.5 in Listening.

Thanks in advance for your help.

man_man170

Jul 4, 2009
I have been hearing different answers from different sources. Can some one paste the link of the IELTS web where this information exists so that I can read it too.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
For General training reading: 32 = 6.5
Listening: 33= 7.5
Check the band score calculator in the following link
http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html

Best regards,
Dr.Hasib

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have taken IELTS thrice under exam conditions and I can roughly guess on the basis of my performance. I scored band 7 when I was sure that I made two mistakes overall. At best, I made three more mistakes but nothing more than because you are aware of your mistakes in first three sections because of slow-pace recordings it gets tougher in the last 10 questions....i mean in the last section where you tend to make mistakes subconciously. 7.5 band must be in the range of 34 -35 and 7 band must be around 32 or 33. I am talking about listening sectionhere. Marking table varies slightly in each test depending on the difficulty level.

u score 8.5 if you make one mistake so you can speculate in what range 7.5 band can liein.

which module r u taking, i gave u my estimates on the basis of academic module. my estimation is pretty close to the real one.

no one can give you an accurate figure but that'a rough estimation and u should mark your band by keeping that range in your mind.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was complimented by a British ielts examiner when she looked at my score in reading section 6.5. She called it a good score. The marking range must be higher. I am sure you will not get it by scoring 26 or 28 ...it must be around 30. And, I also can guess it on the basis of my performance. I had to guess 5 questions randomly...i am sure all of them would not have been correct....i also must have made further mistakesapart from random guessing.

so i can confidently say that in order to get 6.5 band in reading section u will answer 30 Q's correctly.