+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR letter travel exemptions

manideeplanka

Apr 15, 2019
Hello there!

I received the attached letter along with my one-time visa and COPR (expires on Mar4 2022). I do not meet either of the three requirements.

I am coming to land and will have to return in 14 days back to India though, for my father's medical treatment. (which seems to fail the 1st of the extra requirements).

Should I be showing any proof for quarantine place? (which would be my cousin's apartment).

With this situation, can I still book tickets and get the landing done? Someone please help me as I need to take an urgent decision. Thank you!

Dear Client,

You won't be allowed to enter Canada right now if you're coming to validate your COPR and become a

permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid

COPR, and

- the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
- the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored

by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate

family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or

- you're currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S.

to Canada doesn't apply)

To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also

1. be coming to Canada to settle permanently (vou cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in

another country, even if it's temporary)

2. show you're able to quarantine for 14 days

Last edited: