+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Letter and waiting time

Evski

Jan 19, 2016
Hi guys!

Just have a quick question about COPR letter. I sent my passport today to CIC office in Ottawa from Toronto. Do you know how long it takes for them to stamp it and send it back?

My other question is ... if i got it right i will get a PR visa in my passport with the COPR letter ... do i need to leave the country and come back in order to get a PR card at the port of entry in Toronto? How does it work? How much time do i have to do that? Ive heard somewhere its 5 weeks.

Thank you for your help.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I got mine back in about 10 days.

The time you have to complete your landing varies from person to person. It's usually a year from the date of your medical.

You will activate your PR status when you do your landing and get the COPR completed by the immigration officer (do NOT sign the COPR ahead of time - it must be signed in front of the immigration officer). They will stamp your passport with an entry stamp and staple the completed COPR in your passport.

You won't get your PR card when you land, that will be sent to you later. CIC are quoting 105 days to process the PR card, plus up to 6 weeks to get it to you. There's a thread about it on this forum.