+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR issued after 18th March. Landing before 3rd June, wife due 8th August

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi all,

We have just received the good news from the IRCC in London, that my wife and I have been issued our COPR. So far so good.

Now since Canada is closed for all COPR issued after 18th March we are hoping for the borders to open before 3rd June (our medical was from 3rd June 2019...).
I believe that this is realistic, even if we might have to isolate for 14 days after landing before going back to Denmark for the birth of my daughter on 8th August.

However, just in case Canada decides to keep their borders closed past 3rd June (which I find very unlikely but in these times who knows?) I would like to hear the thoughts from the people here.

Should I go ahead already now to write IRCC asking for an exemption even though my COPR is after 18th March or should I give it a month before I do anything? I goes without saying thst with my wife 5 months pregnant I would rather go earlier to minimize the risk of complications.

I have not been able to find any info on when the travel advisory will be re-evaluated only thst the US-Canada border closing is for 30 days from March 24th.

Hope you are all staying safe.

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi all,

We have just received the good news from the IRCC in London, that my wife and I have been issued our COPR. So far so good.

Now since Canada is closed for all COPR issued after 18th March we are hoping for the borders to open before 3rd June (our medical was from 3rd June 2019...).
I believe that this is realistic, even if we might have to isolate for 14 days after landing before going back to Denmark for the birth of my daughter on 8th August.

However, just in case Canada decides to keep their borders closed past 3rd June (which I find very unlikely but in these times who knows?) I would like to hear the thoughts from the people here.

Should I go ahead already now to write IRCC asking for an exemption even though my COPR is after 18th March or should I give it a month before I do anything? I goes without saying thst with my wife 5 months pregnant I would rather go earlier to minimize the risk of complications.

I have not been able to find any info on when the travel advisory will be re-evaluated only thst the US-Canada border closing is for 30 days from March 24th.

Hope you are all staying safe.
Hi

Hope your wife had a safe delivery ! Just wondering what happened with your case ? Did you manage to land although your COPR was issued after March 18 ? We are in a similar case and were hoping to land before the delivery !

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi Moe,

Safe delivery on the 25th of July and a bouncing happy girl :)
The IRCC didnt respond to my emails untill end September when they asked me to get a medical for my daughter and send copy of passport etc.
We did the medical early October and have received a "We got your Document" mail and they have updated the case to state that I have passed the medical on 22nd of October. But since then no news.

With the uncertainty and stress of looking at flights, infection numbers etc every week we have given up going to Canada before summer 2021 and made our peace with that.

Hoping to hear from IRCC before the end of the year but not betting on it.

Best of luck to you Moe, but my advice is dont do any tight planning for the next few months ahead you are likely to be disappointed :( With this 2/3rd wave I dont think things will get back to normal job wise untill after the summer 2021 anyway.

Reactions: moe_218

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Moe,

Safe delivery on the 25th of July and a bouncing happy girl :)
The IRCC didnt respond to my emails untill end September when they asked me to get a medical for my daughter and send copy of passport etc.
We did the medical early October and have received a "We got your Document" mail and they have updated the case to state that I have passed the medical on 22nd of October. But since then no news.

With the uncertainty and stress of looking at flights, infection numbers etc every week we have given up going to Canada before summer 2021 and made our peace with that.

Hoping to hear from IRCC before the end of the year but not betting on it.

Best of luck to you Moe, but my advice is dont do any tight planning for the next few months ahead you are likely to be disappointed :( With this 2/3rd wave I dont think things will get back to normal job wise untill after the summer 2021 anyway.
Hi Jorge !

Thanks for your quick response and congratulations !! :)

I thought the same given we have stable jobs at the moment. However, a lot of things to factor in. Our COPRs are valid till end of August 2021. Wife is due end of June. So basically we either land before (Let's say March / April at latest) or we have to go to point where we have to return the COPRs and am not even sure how soon can we fly after the delivery. Most important is that we are currently residents in a gulf country where we don't have an embassy, so basically getting a travel document for the baby is going to be a nightmare in the first place !

As always, keeping our hopes up :) !