+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR issue

Rocky3604

Jun 29, 2018
Hi All,

My PR got approved, but i found few issues with my COPR letter:

1. Place of Birth is written incomplete for myself and my wife,but for my son its proper. Is it due to some space constrain?
2. City of dest is shown as Toronto, but i would like to make landing in Vancouver. Will there be an issue at airport if i land in Vancouver?

Do i need to inform IRCC? If so how would i contact them through mail.

Please help.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi All,

My PR got approved, but i found few issues with my COPR letter:

1. Place of Birth is written incomplete for myself and my wife,but for my son its proper. Is it due to some space constrain?
2. City of dest is shown as Toronto, but i would like to make landing in Vancouver. Will there be an issue at airport if i land in Vancouver?

Do i need to inform IRCC? If so how would i contact them through mail.

Please help.

Not a problem with place of birth. Probably just a space issue and you can land anywhere except quebec.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/missing-letters-for-place-of-birth-on-copr.541579/

Nab_Can_1

Jun 14, 2019
There was some confusion on this so I contacted IRCC after I got my CoPR. This is their response : (short answer: anywhere in Canada is fine. But, I'd still suggest avoiding Quebec unless you want to settle there and have the relevant docs)

"

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Once you have obtained your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) and, if applicable, your permanent resident visa, you can proceed towards any Port of Entry in Canada for validation by a Canadian Border Services Officer in order to confirm your new status.

To accomplish this final step in your immigration process, you will have to:

• Inform the officer you need to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence,
  • Show the following documents:
    • passport, travel or identity document (including secure visa counterfoil, if applicable),
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence and instructions issued by the visa office,
    • proof of legal status in Canada, such as:
      • valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit or visitor record, or
      • proof of implied status, such as:
        • payment receipt,
        • copy or printout of paper or online extension application,
        • proof of mailing or online submission,
        • etc.,
    • (if applicable) all temporary resident documents in your possession, whether valid or not.
"