+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR interview questions

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
Hello,

I Called IRCC, and they said a notification/message will be sent before 27Jan for COPR interview.

If you have got COPR interview, Can you let me know how that letter will look? .

I am travelling between 20 Jan and 20 Feb outside Canada. I am just concerned, if they called me for an interview between those days.

Will the letter give like 30 days to book an appointment to attend the interview? . I am going to send this and my concern in webform. But it will take like 5 days. Hoping anyone here could answer before that.

Thank you.

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Depending on your case, the COPR has validity. In my case, it was 6 months after issuance as my previous WP was still valid for 1 year. If you applied in Canada, they will basically request your passport first to send with 30 days to Ottawa office. They will send back to u after 2-3 weeks with the Visa stamp if you require visa to enter Canada and the COPR. In some cases, iRCC send passport request with landing appointment. Hope this helps.

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
It seems they will stamp my passport after interview. I do not have to send passport.
I never heard a case like that. I know that they always request to send passport for verification. A landing interview can be sent after issuance of COPR is the case I read for PNP applicants. What class have you applied in the first place?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hello,

I Called IRCC, and they said a notification/message will be sent before 27Jan for COPR interview.

If you have got COPR interview, Can you let me know how that letter will look? .

I am travelling between 20 Jan and 20 Feb outside Canada. I am just concerned, if they called me for an interview between those days.

Will the letter give like 30 days to book an appointment to attend the interview? . I am going to send this and my concern in webform. But it will take like 5 days. Hoping anyone here could answer before that.

Thank you.
I got an email with my application number followed by the applicant names. It should come from the local IRCC office as they will schedule your landing interview there.
In my case, the date for the interview was already scheduled and if needed the dates can be changed by sending them an email. You will receive all these information in the email.

It seems they will stamp my passport after interview. I do not have to send passport.
That's correct. I didn't get any email to send my passport, but was invited for a landing interview where they will provide the COPR and then I have to wait for my PR card. I am a CEC applicant.

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
I got an email with my application number followed by the applicant names. It should come from the local IRCC office as they will schedule your landing interview there.
In my case, the date for the interview was already scheduled and if needed the dates can be changed by sending them an email. You will receive all these information in the email.

That's correct. I didn't get any email to send my passport, but was invited for a landing interview where they will provide the COPR and then I have to wait for my PR card. I am a CEC applicant.
Do you live in Vancouver/Lower Mainland by any chance? Did you get any ghost updates? If yes, when?

Last edited:

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Do you live in Vancouver/Lower Mainland by any chance? Did you get any ghost updates? If yes, when?
No. Din't get any ghost update.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
I am also in kind of same boat. Called CIC and they said everything is passed, but still no PPR yet. Did you get your interview for Vancouver location?
No, it's in Manitoba.

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
Thanks csadangi. My application has my wife as a dependent. So, they sent passport request for her. But i am still waiting for interview e-mail. Called IRCC to confirm that they don't need my passport.They said my application is approved on Dec 16 and they have six weeks until jan 27 to send me an email for interview. Online status never got changed from Day 1. My application still stays "We are currently reviewing your eligibility" . My application took more than a year to be processed in edmonton office.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Thanks csadangi. My application has my wife as a dependent. So, they sent passport request for her. But i am still waiting for interview e-mail. Called IRCC to confirm that they don't need my passport.They said my application is approved on Dec 16 and they have six weeks until jan 27 to send me an email for interview. Online status never got changed from Day 1. My application still stays "We are currently reviewing your eligibility" . My application took more than a year to be processed in edmonton office.
I guess your wife is not in Canada, therefore she got the passport request.
Even my application status didn't change or hasn't changed since I received the landing interview email. It will only change once we receive the COPR. Edmonton office is slow, my application was also processed at Edmonton office. I think they will send you the email either this week or the next week. Good luck!!

Reactions: Asher89

Manpreet97

Apr 25, 2024
After how many days they send you an email to come for interview?