10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Hi All,

I got the COPR and I am a FSW candidate.
In the COPR the Prov. of dest. is ON and City of dest. is Toronto.
I am not sure why it is mentioned that way. shouldn't I be able to land anywhere in Canada ?

Can someone with FSW COPR throw some light on this ?

And one more question is how can I differentiate between the COPR for FSW and PNP ?

I am not sure how I will be able to move or work anywhere in Canada ? Is there anything mentioned
on the PR card later that allows you to work anywhere ?

Thanks in advance !

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
last I heard, they banned all Manchester United and City supporters from entering Canada.

On a more serious note, you should be able to land anywhere without issues except for Quebec.

but any other province or city should be ok esp if you are FSW. No issues whatsoever.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
The Mancunian said:
Hi All,

I got the COPR and I am a FSW candidate.
In the COPR the Prov. of dest. is ON and City of dest. is Toronto.
I am not sure why it is mentioned that way. shouldn't I be able to land anywhere in Canada ?

Can someone with FSW COPR throw some light on this ?

And one more question is how can I differentiate between the COPR for FSW and PNP ?

I am not sure how I will be able to move or work anywhere in Canada ? Is there anything mentioned
on the PR card later that allows you to work anywhere ?

Thanks in advance !
this might help u http://www.fsw2014.info/landing-canada/

How do I validate a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or a permanent resident visa if I live in Canada?
If you already live in Canada, you have two options to become a permanent resident:

You can make an appointment at one of our offices near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact us by using this Web form.

If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please indicate that you need urgent processing.

If you are not able to make an appointment as set out above, you may leave Canada and return through an international airport or a Canadian land border.

When you arrive, an IRCC officer will interview you, and grant you entry into Canada based on the information in your visa.

In either case, you will have to show the officer:

your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
payment receipt,
copy of your application to extend your stay,
printout of online application, or
proof of mailing.
Note: You must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada to become a permanent resident at an international airport or Canadian land border. If you need a visa to enter another country before you re-enter Canada, it is up to you to get the visa.

You will do these procedures at the first place you arrive in Canada. If you are travelling by air, make sure you have time before any connecting flight or other travel.

If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a land border, especially during the peak periods of weekends and holidays, you may have a long wait time for service.

The Mancunian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Thanks Both !

But I am a FSW Outland candidate.
And I was expecting province or city of destination to be not mentioned
Since I should be able to land anywhere.

Does it mean now I have to land in Toronto ?

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
The Mancunian said:
Thanks Both !

But I am a FSW Outland candidate.
And I was expecting province or city of destination to be not mentioned
Since I should be able to land anywhere.

Does it mean now I have to land in Toronto ?
when u apply and fill questionnaire u have to mention one province where u would like to live. u would have done that

The Mancunian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
DreamCanada16 said:
when u apply and fill questionnaire u have to mention one province where u would like to live. u would have done that
Yes that's rite. I did that. I think everyone has to mention this.
But that doesn't mean I have to stay in that province rite ?

I hope it's only mentioned for landing and not a binding on where I look for jobs.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The Mancunian said:
Yes that's rite. I did that. I think everyone has to mention this.
But that doesn't mean I have to stay in that province rite ?

I hope it's only mentioned for landing and not a binding on where I look for jobs.

Thanks
You are not required to live in or even land in the city listed on your COPR.

The Mancunian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
30-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You are not required to live in or even land in the city listed on your COPR.
Thanks ! This is much clearer.

Nab_Can_1

Jun 14, 2019
There's been some confusion on this so I contacted IRCC after I got my CoPR. This is their response: (short answer: anywhere in Canada is fine. But yeah, try to avoid Quebec)

"

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Once you have obtained your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) and, if applicable, your permanent resident visa, you can proceed towards any Port of Entry in Canada for validation by a Canadian Border Services Officer in order to confirm your new status.

To accomplish this final step in your immigration process, you will have to:

• Inform the officer you need to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence,
  • Show the following documents:
    • passport, travel or identity document (including secure visa counterfoil, if applicable),
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence and instructions issued by the visa office,
    • proof of legal status in Canada, such as:
      • valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit or visitor record, or
      • proof of implied status, such as:
        • payment receipt,
        • copy or printout of paper or online extension application,
        • proof of mailing or online submission,
        • etc.,
    • (if applicable) all temporary resident documents in your possession, whether valid or not.
"

Sanudada

Sep 6, 2022
There's been some confusion on this so I contacted IRCC after I got my CoPR. This is their response: (short answer: anywhere in Canada is fine. But yeah, try to avoid Quebec)

"

Once you have obtained your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) and, if applicable, your permanent resident visa, you can proceed towards any Port of Entry in Canada for validation by a Canadian Border Services Officer in order to confirm your new status.

• Inform the officer you need to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence,
    • passport, travel or identity document (including secure visa counterfoil, if applicable),
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence and instructions issued by the visa office,
      • valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit or visitor record, or
        • payment receipt,
        • etc.,
    • (if applicable) all temporary resident documents in your possession, whether valid or not.
"
Can you let

"

• payment receipt,
        • etc.,
"

Can u let me know how did u contact IRRC? I have only been able to get their automated response.

I basically had the same issue where I never got any invitation from a specific province but my COPR has province and city of Destination listed. This weekend when I tried to land in Niagara falls, the officer outright denied my entry and threatened that I was PNP and was trying to misrepresent where I want to settle and work. He was not trying to even have a conversation. I came back and looked through my emails and portal again but there has not been a single information or invitation from any province. So I would really like to reach out to IRCC and discuss this through