+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
Hi all,

I live in the US and I have been asked to send passports to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in New York in order for the office to issue my Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
But I am not sure what amount of money order I need to include in the package. I would really appreciate any help.

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
In case someone needs this in the future:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, to send it by courier to New York or Los Angeles (VAC) Canada Visa Application Center, and receive it back, you will have to pay the two-way courier service with VFS Global. This is mandatory for each passport. No other form of passport delivery and return will be accepted. How to make the payment and receive the two-way
FedEx shipping labels. To avail this service: To send your documents to the New York VAC, please write to
vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com . To send your documents to the Los Angeles VAC, please write to
shippinglabelsla@vfsglobal.com Within 24 to 72 hours, you will receive the instructions to follow. Once you receive the two
FedEx shipping labels, we need you to send us, in one envelope, the following documents: Original passport. Passport request
letter. Two copies of the consent form; please fill out and hand sign page 2 only.
https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2LVFqatIwJhm9JEP5nqUYL/3c71a4a1468630ef0845c423a3cd41e2/ConsentForm_-
TTS-English-IN-VAC-Final.pdf Possible additional documents required by IRCC, as photographs, copy of the passport, etc. Full
contact information legibly noted on a white sheet, including full name, mobile phone, email and postal addresses. The return
FedEx shipping label, which you received from VFS Global.

The VFS Global service payments are: Payment for the two-way
courier service, which is mandatory. Payment of the application package transmission fee.* *This payment
should only be made, if the client did not have to provide biometrics or if the biometrics were collected at a different place
other than the VAC where the passport will be sent to. Important remark: In case you are not located in the United States of
America, have received the original passport request letter from IRCC and wish to send it to New York or Los Angeles VAC,
please let us know so that we can provide you with other instructions to follow.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Just to add, I have also been asked to include the payment invoice in the package.

What I sent as a single applicant:
  • Passport/or passport copy if visa exempt
  • Payment Invoice
  • 2x consent form, signed page 2 only.
  • RFV passport request letter with info filled out.
  • 2x PR Photographs each in a small envelope with Application number on envelope and back of photo, in addition to the requirements outlined in the PR photo requirements document.
  • Return Label.
Remember to start as early as possible. As ma_du mentioned, contact vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com for NY VAC, this should be the first thing you do because every email reply takes up to 72 hours and it can easily take up to 10 days from the first email to getting your shipping labels. Do not try to Fedex them the package with your own labels, they will not accept it.

Your email back and forth with VFS will look something like this:

1. Initial email to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com , attach RFV email, name address phone number etc.
  2. VFS gets back to you in 48-72 hours with an excel spreadsheet to fill out. Remember to click yes on package transmission fee.
  3. Send excel back to VFS
  4. 48-72 hours later VFS sends you a payment link.
  5. Pay the fee and reply to VFS (attach a pdf of the payment confirmation and the payment invoice)
  6. 72 hours later if you are lucky you will first see two FedEx shipment notifications in your email followed within hours by the actual shipping labels.
For me, the above process took 11 days from initial email to label. After the package is received by VFS it takes up to 8-10 days to process and send to IRCC. Once your passport is processed by VFS they will send you an email with status update and a tracking number.

My PPR package finally got to IRCC on the 29th day, stressful.

kusump

Nov 23, 2021
Hi,

I have Visa agency who applied for Canada PR. I have recently received PPR request.

Regarding this point: Initial email to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com , attach RFV email, name address phone number etc.

IS RFV email is the letter which my agency have received from IRCC? Is it ok to attach the PPR PDF which we have received from IRCC with all the details instead of email?

Thanks in advance.

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
No, you don't attach anything. Actually, attaching document makes the delivery of the email fail.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Just to add, I have also been asked to include the payment invoice in the package.

• Payment Invoice
  • 2x PR Photographs each in a small envelope with Application number on envelope and back of photo, in addition to the requirements outlined in the PR photo requirements document.
  • Return Label.
Remember to start as early as possible. As ma_du mentioned, contact vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com for NY VAC, this should be the first thing you do because every email reply takes up to 72 hours and it can easily take up to 10 days from the first email to getting your shipping labels. Do not try to Fedex them the package with your own labels, they will not accept it.

1. Initial email to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com , attach RFV email, name address phone number etc.
  2. VFS gets back to you in 48-72 hours with an excel spreadsheet to fill out. Remember to click yes on package transmission fee.
  5. Pay the fee and reply to VFS (attach a pdf of the payment confirmation and the payment invoice)
  6. 72 hours later if you are lucky you will first see two FedEx shipment notifications in your email followed within hours by the actual shipping labels.
For me, the above process took 11 days from initial email to label. After the package is received by VFS it takes up to 8-10 days to process and send to IRCC. Once your passport is processed by VFS they will send you an email with status update and a tracking number.

Did you get your passport back? If yes, how long did it take?

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

• Payment Invoice
  • Return Label.

May I know how long it took for you to have your passports delivered to the VFS office till you got them back with COPR ?

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
For me , it took only one week to send and receive passports with COPR.
Cool! Our passports got delivered to the VFS office on Jan 21st. Hopefully we get it back next week ...

Reactions: kusump

kusump

Nov 23, 2021
Cool! Our passports got delivered to the VFS office on Jan 21st. Hopefully we get it back next week ...
I am planning to do soft landing from United states through land border.
I am on H1B, If someone could please share any input that would be helpful.

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
I am planning to do soft landing from United states through land border.
I am on H1B, If someone could please share any input that would be helpful.
Do you have a valid stamped H-1B visa on your passport (or) planning to use AVR rule ?

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
If my COPR email mentions the address of VAC NY, can I still send the passport to VAC LA?
If there is no specific VAC written in your PPR letter then you can send it to any VAC in the world. However, since it is stated in your letter VAC NY, then you can only send it to that location.