+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Errors & Corrections

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Alas my COPR has a small error… I think…

The original entry date listed is wrong. Is this something I need to have modified on the document before going to the border, or can I get away with simply mentioning it there?

Has anyone experienced this?

It is a minor detail really. But down the line when they calculate my citizenship time, I don't want two years shaved over my residence period as a result of it.

Any advice? Any past stories?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
chevalcriostoir said:
Alas my COPR has a small error… I think…

The original entry date listed is wrong. Is this something I need to have modified on the document before going to the border, or can I get away with simply mentioning it there?

Has anyone experienced this?

It is a minor detail really. But down the line when they calculate my citizenship time, I don't want two years shaved over my residence period as a result of it.

Any advice? Any past stories?
Hi,
you don't need to correct the date before landing. A friend of mine landed at a local IRCC office recently and the officer told him the date was not important to anything and left it as it was on the CoPR (uncorrected).

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
nov1061 said:
Hi,
you don't need to correct the date before landing. A friend of mine landed at a local IRCC office recently and the officer told him the date was not important to anything and left it as it was on the CoPR (uncorrected).
Kind of odd they want to know every detail about us… yet when they finish their process…. they weren't able to get the first entry into the country right…

But very good. I might still ask the border man to fix it anyway. Just in case.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
chevalcriostoir said:
Kind of odd they want to know every detail about us… yet when they finish their process…. they weren't able to get the first entry into the country right…

It's a common issue with an original entry date in CoPR and afaik it should not create any problem later. Border officer will probably refuse to make an amendment to CoPR but you may still try.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hello guys,

I got my passports with COPR today.
However, the province/city of arrival are mentioned as SK/Saskatoon, since I indicated the same while filling EE profile. I'm not a PNP but FSW outland applicant.

Does this mean I have to land at Saskatoon first??
Do I need to get COPR corrected or can I land anywhere easily with this COPR. It's not mentioned on passports, but only on COPR letter

Also my county of Residence is mentioned as England, while I have shifted to India and also got this information updated previously. I hope this shouldn't be an issue later.

Appreciate your prompt reply

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aditya127 said:
Hello guys,

However, the province/city of arrival are mentioned as SK/Saskatoon, since I indicated the same while filling EE profile. I'm not a PNP but FSW outland applicant.

Do I need to get COPR corrected or can I land anywhere easily with this COPR. It's not mentioned on passports, but only on COPR letter

Also my county of Residence is mentioned as England, while I have shifted to India and also got this information updated previously. I hope this shouldn't be an issue later.

So they asked you where you intended to land and you said Saskatoon, but now are confused why they put that? I'm not sure if you have to land there, but that is the place you said you were going to. If you weren't ever planning to land there, why did you say it?

gatorengineer

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-16
Doc's Request.
11-08-16
AOR Received.
27-06-16
IELTS Request
CELPIP Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-07-16
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
aditya127 said:
Hello guys,

NO if you are FSW you can land and stay anywhere.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
kryt0n said:
So they asked you where you intended to land and you said Saskatoon, but now are confused why they put that? I'm not sure if you have to land there, but that is the place you said you were going to. If you weren't ever planning to land there, why did you say it?
At the time of creating EE profile, we are asked to show our preference, I wished to select more than one but system allowed to select only one.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
gatorengineer said:
NO if you are FSW you can land and stay anywhere.
Thanks, even I believe so, but my COPR letter mentioned Saskatoon in it.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aditya127 said:
At the time of creating EE profile, we are asked to show our preference, I wished to select more than one but system allowed to select only one.
And you selected one you didn't really want to land in :s

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
kryt0n said:
And you selected one you didn't really want to land in :s
I was then planning to land there since I have a few friends, but now I seem to have got a job in Toronto.

Regards,
Aditya

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
My understanding is if you're not under the PNP then you can land and live anywhere

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
chevalcriostoir said:

Dear Members,

The place of birth (i.e city) is incorrect on my COPR - the country of birth is still correct (isn't this the more important one anyway). All other details are also correct.

Just the place of birth is incorrect - they put the passport issue city (in India) instead of my birth city (a different city in India). These two fields are one after the other in Indian passports.

Do I still need to send back the COPR and passports with a letter of explanation? Please advise!

Has anyone landed OK with minor errors like this? I would hate to re-send the passports and COPR and endure the wait again. Is this error similair to the minor error mentioned above by Aditya.

Thank you!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destiny2016 said:
Dear Members,

The place of birth (i.e city) is incorrect on my COPR - the country of birth is still correct (isn't this the more important one anyway). All other details are also correct.

Just the place of birth is incorrect - they put the passport issue city (in India) instead of my birth city (a different city in India). These two fields are one after the other in Indian passports.

Do I still need to send back the COPR and passports with a letter of explanation? Please advise!

Has anyone landed OK with minor errors like this? I would hate to re-send the passports and COPR and endure the wait again. Is this error similair to the minor error mentioned above by Aditya.

Thank you!
Minor detail, don't bother sending it back for this.

Reactions: rabrakha