+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR document lost before landing

Tabi

May 20, 2014
Dear all

New to this forum, I am in a critical situation. I am sure you guys will help me out. Actually, I appiled for immigration with my spouse. Visa has been stamped and COPR document recieved. We are ought to land before September, 2014. Now comes the anooying part, my wife was scanning the COPR document as by mistake she teared my original CIC copy but candidate copy is with me. Now we are in great stress, what to do now. It will be highly appreciated if you guys help me out for duplicate, replacement or any other procedure. Can I apply for the COPR document after landing?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Tabi said:
Dear all

New to this forum, I am in a critical situation. I am sure you guys will help me out. Actually, I appiled for immigration with my spouse. Visa has been stamped and COPR document recieved. We are ought to land before September, 2014. Now comes the anooying part, my wife was scanning the COPR document as by mistake she teared my original CIC copy but candidate copy is with me. Now we are in great stress, what to do now. It will be highly appreciated if you guys help me out for duplicate, replacement or any other procedure. Can I apply for the COPR document after landing?
You must immediately notify the Canadian CHC/Embassy/Visa Office that issued the COPR via an urgent "Case Specific Enquiry" and let them know what has happened. They may be able to reissue the documents. You CANNOT land without the original copies.

Tabi

May 20, 2014
zardoz said:
You must immediately notify the Canadian CHC/Embassy/Visa Office that issued the COPR via an urgent "Case Specific Enquiry" and let them know what has happened. They may be able to reissue the documents. You CANNOT land without the original copies.
Many thanks for the reply, can you please specify who to notify? I have got the COPR document and passport from Candian Embassy located in my city. Does my case fall in Case specific enquiry? I am sorry for throwing so many questions. Your help will be highly appreciated

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Tabi said:
Many thanks for the reply, can you please specify who to notify? I have got the COPR document and passport from Candian Embassy located in my city. Does my case fall in Case specific enquiry? I am sorry for throwing so many questions. Your help will be highly appreciated
Yes, your case must be raised with them. If they have any mechanism for a personal visit, use it. if not, you will have to use the formal "Case Specific Enquiry" method that is documented for your embassy on the CIC web site. Nobody else will be able to help you. As you haven't identified your country, I can't give you a link.

Tabi

May 20, 2014
zardoz said:
Yes, your case must be raised with them. If they have any mechanism for a personal visit, use it. if not, you will have to use the formal "Case Specific Enquiry" method that is documented for your embassy on the CIC web site. Nobody else will be able to help you. As you haven't identified your country, I can't give you a link.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was on the CIC website and there was a form "Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document" . Is this form relevant or not? Plus it stated that the timeline is about 06 months and I do not have such time

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Tabi said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I was on the CIC website and there was a form "Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document" . Is this form relevant or not? Plus it stated that the timeline is about 06 months and I do not have such time
No, that is no use to you at all. You MUST go back through your embassy.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should immediately contact the visa office from where you got the visa and COPR.

Tabi

May 20, 2014
Planning to go to CHC visa office on Monday. Guys can anybody tell me if such incident happened with you. I want to know the time frame of duplicate document

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Time to replace the COPR will depend on the CIC office. Mine took a month to replace in London.

Tabi

May 20, 2014
HI all

I have filled the Case Specific Inquiry form and submitted, its been so many days and not been replied yet. Please help me out, I was looking through the net and many says to fill verification of status form and send it to visa office. I don't have enough time, so please tell me whether I am on the right track or should I fill the VOS? I am getting nervous day by day, I hope you understand my query

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Tabi said:
HI all

I have filled the Case Specific Inquiry form and submitted, its been so many days and not been replied yet. Please help me out, I was looking through the net and many says to fill verification of status form and send it to visa office. I don't have enough time, so please tell me whether I am on the right track or should I fill the VOS? I am getting nervous day by day, I hope you understand my query
As I understand it, a VoS is not going to help you as you have not yet "landed". You currently don't have a "status".
Raise another CSE and mark it "Urgent!!!". They should respond reasonably fast...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Stick "Urgent" as many times as you can in the message, while still making sense. :D

Tabi

May 20, 2014
I have got the mail from the London office stating that "The document can be re-printed at the port of entry. Please take both original and copy with you"
Please clarify my understanding for the following:

1. Port of entry means "entry to Canadian (Toronto Immigration Desk)" at the Toronto airport
2. I will keep the applicant's copy of COPR document along with my damaged pieces of CIC copy as well as scanned copy and show them to Immigration officer along with my photo
3. He will print CIC copy of COPR document there
4. I will not have any problem of landing regarding damaged CIC copy COPR document
5. I will take along the copy of damaged CIC COPR document and show it to immigration officer