+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and passport not received from IRCC yet

bati15

Mar 6, 2018
hi
Our PR got aprroved in february and we submitted the passport to IRCC immidiately. however, we havent still received them and its been 5 months.
I tried emailing and fax but still not reply from them.
Is there something wrong? or its normal and i should wait ???

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi
Our PR got aprroved in february and we submitted the passport to IRCC immidiately. however, we havent still received them and its been 5 months.
I tried emailing and fax but still not reply from them.
Is there something wrong? or its normal and i should wait ???
Where did you submit? was this a family class sponsorship? Where are you physically?

And most importantly: did you follow the instructions in the letter to you (passport request) carefully?

bati15

Mar 6, 2018
YES family class sponsorship. we are in india.
Upon request from CIC, passports submitted to new delhi in february 2022. And on March 15 they even updated online cic account with approved status and also showing the VISA numbers for each applicant.

But then after no response from them for few months so we called the delhi helpline to inquire. The lady in delhi office helpline said this is unusual they never keep passports more than 15-20 days in delhi office if it just need to be stamped. so she instructed us to send her email about this and she forwarded that info to CIC office Delhi but its been over 1 month and have still no update from CIC.

what can we do now? we also submitted multiple webforms and even faxed cic office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
YES family class sponsorship. we are in india.
Upon request from CIC, passports submitted to new delhi in february 2022. And on March 15 they even updated online cic account with approved status and also showing the VISA numbers for each applicant.

But then after no response from them for few months so we called the delhi helpline to inquire. The lady in delhi office helpline said this is unusual they never keep passports more than 15-20 days in delhi office if it just need to be stamped. so she instructed us to send her email about this and she forwarded that info to CIC office Delhi but its been over 1 month and have still no update from CIC.

what can we do now? we also submitted multiple webforms and even faxed cic office.
Contact VFS through which you submitted. Contact your MP also.

Try writing a letter / fax to the High Commissioner and cc: the Head of Immigration in Delhi.

Because no, this is not normal.

bati15

Mar 6, 2018
1) asked VFS and VFS told many times that its still in New Delhi.
2) Delhi immigration office call center did not give out their HIGH COMMISSION OFFICE email or fax number. But simply took our query and told us they will forward to high commission office department.

3) Contact MP means Member of Parliament?
4) OK, we will also write a letter as you advised.

Thank you so much for being helpful here. Appreciate your time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1) asked VFS and VFS told many times that its still in New Delhi.
Try their chat line. Ask for higher level. It is NOT normal for passport not to be returned after FIVE MONTHS.

2) Delhi immigration office call center did not give out their HIGH COMMISSION OFFICE email or fax number. But simply took our query and told us they will forward to high commission office department.
Search on your own. Mail. Call the Embassy. Google. I don't know.

ESCALATE. Write a fax to the general fax number, addressed to eg the High Commissioner.

(Of course this will get sent to the immigration department, but they also do not like immigration cases getting escalated with good reason, i.e. when they're caught with something where there clearly is an error. And the HC's office may be keeping track of these things too)

3) Contact MP means Member of Parliament?
Yes. I would prioritize this, MP's do get a bit more attention. Again, you must explain that this is NOT normal. This is not just a normal delay.

Ask: have they LOST your passports?

Thank you so much for being helpful here. Appreciate your time.
Good luck.