+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR and oath of citizenship

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that my understanding is correct that although the CoPR is not required for the oath ceremony, it is possible that the officer might ask for it AFTER the oath has been taken.

So basically, you don't need to present your CoPR to be conferred citizenship and receive your citizenship certificate, but you might be asked for it right after you become a citizen and there are no consequences if you don't have it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that my understanding is correct that although the CoPR is not required for the oath ceremony, it is possible that the officer might ask for it AFTER the oath has been taken.

So basically, you don't need to present your CoPR to be conferred citizenship and receive your citizenship certificate, but you might be asked for it right after you become a citizen and there are no consequences if you don't have it.

Thanks.
From what I know CoPR or record of landing will need to be retained for future old age benefits. Though they mention CoRP in the oath invitation email, they will just ask you to show you PR card and then cut it in pieces.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
From what I know CoPR or record of landing will need to be retained for future old age benefits. Though they mention CoRP in the oath invitation email, they will just ask you to show you PR card and then cut it in pieces.
Ok thanks.