+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Yeah but IMO decision seems to be for Canadian Citizens who are travelling abroad to avoid canadian winters. Yes there is no issue with extra CADs spent for hotel and getting extra swab in nose and throat but expired CoPR holders with AL are travelling for essential purpose and not for leisure.
I mean if you're saying the situation is unfair.. 100% yes.

Obviously you and me are not contributing to the problem, and I would argue India is not an issue as everyone on outbound Indian planes are getting tested.

This does seem to be targeting Canadians on vacations etc. who have been subject to bad press. Obviously we'll need more details and clarification on how they classify essential vs. non essential. I was just very very nervous about a blanket ban - for a time it seemed like blanket ban was very popular among people.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
https://www.cp24.com/news/trudeau-suspending-travel-down-south-will-require-all-incoming-travellers-to-quarantine-in-hotels-1.5287360

As per news article it says 2k or more per traveller. If this is true then god bless CoPR holders travelling with family.
Yes I know. I am single but what about my connecting flight that is usually in 2-6 hrs after landing in Toronto. If this 3 day quarantine comes in place at Toronto then how will this work out.
No clarity on this

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
"Trudeau said they hope to have testing and quarantine functions up and running in the next several weeks."

It might take month or so to have such facilities of testing and quarantine at four international airports in Canada. I do believe picture will be more clear wrt CoPR holders when these new restrictions are gonna put in place.

https://www.cp24.com/news/trudeau-suspending-travel-down-south-will-require-all-incoming-travellers-to-quarantine-in-hotels-1.5287360
Testing facility is already there at Toronto and Calgary. I am not sure about other places.
Yeah bit no quarantine place. I believe they have some quarantine place for contingency.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Yes I know. I am single but what about my connecting flight that is usually in 2-6 hrs after landing in Toronto. If this 3 day quarantine comes in place at Toronto then how will this work out.
No clarity on this
I think you'll have to wait for more clarification on that - it's pretty vague at this point.

Reactions: crackMBA

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
No clarity on this
Connecting flights within Canada
If you are cleared to fly, you may board a connecting flight to reach your final destination. You do not need to quarantine (self-isolate) before connecting, unless your final destination requires you to quarantine at a designated location first.

Unless you're cleared, it looks like you'd have to quarantine in Toronto first and then be able to travel to your final destination

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
No clarity on this
They gonna setup quarantine hotels at 4 international airports thats for sure and I believe airlines will rebook the connecting flight if it comes to that.