+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
You had me scared. I thought I made a mistake by buying tickets from the extra money I showed and that border agent would cross check this.

I probably wasn’t able to express myself clearly haha.

I plan to take half in cash, keep the rest in my bank account and carry a bank statement with me. Would this be ok or do I need a letter from the bank as well? Do they verify these documents with the bank at the border?

All this is assuming the covid situation improves and we get a clear reply from IRCC regarding extensions.
They don't care that much about PoF to double check what you reported in your application. It's mostly a formality to ensure you're getting enough money.

Just self report what you are carrying in cash and as a bank statement. You don't need a letter.

Reactions: M160RA

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020
Our copr expired last april 13, raised a webform april 4 requesting for extension, hot no response after 9 days so i raised another webform april 13. Below was theit reply from my april 4 webform..

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Even I got the same reply for the webform which I had submitted on 3rd April
....message is clear: IRCC is monitoring the situation and will let us know. We should be patient and not submit multiple webforms.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys. Anyone from India with COPR expiring before 3 May, like mine, planning on raising another webform. Are we supposed to inform them about our inability to travel and do we need to send some kind of proof for that? What's the next course of action now?

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for sharing your updates. I am in similar situation with applying for SIN and license exchange. Your updates have been very helpful. I have applied for SIN online a week ago, no updates yet. Did you hear anything from them? For proof of address, I just included my sibling's statement with a cover letter mentioning the reason, not sure if it's going to cut it.

Also, I haven't had any luck with linking my CIC application with landing to track PR card process (landed March 13). Did you have any luck with that?
?
I have not tried opening bank account yet, was waiting on SIN. I guess I will go ahead to open one soon without SIN. I am staying at a Temporary place in Toronto and will be moving to BC in a few days. So, probably I am going to do the bank account opening and license exchange after going there.
Where do you link this? I didn't know we had to/ could do this?

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Can you advise me on that:
Husband is a principal applicant and his COPR expires in August. Wife's COPR expires late April. In worst case senario, if wife will not be able to confirm her PR and her COPR gets expired, will it affect husband's PR confirmation later in August?

Apr 28, 2019
Hi guys. Anyone from India with COPR expiring before 3 May, like mine, planning on raising another webform. Are we supposed to inform them about our inability to travel and do we need to send some kind of proof for that? What's the next course of action now?
Mine expiring on 9 may

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Next course of action is to wait patiently until your visa office becomes fully operational. Since India is under lockdown, they will understand your inability to travel. There is no need to submit any kind of proof. If you still don't feel satisfied, you can submit official notification issued by DGCA to suspend travel till May 3. You can also attach some kind of communication with minister of aviation that flights been suspended.

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I've still not heard anything back for my SIN number application unfortunately.

I managed to link my PR card on the portal however this has not provided me with any updates or new information, it's coming on three weeks since I landed however obviously the PR card processing times are probably out the window at the moment.

HSBC were fine to open the account without a SIN number and I am just to email the manager once I have the SIN number. Obviously the SIN is an issue for earning money at the moment and I'm not sure how quick this online process will be either way.
Usually SIN is provided immediately for in-person applications. So I am not sure why would it take longer to process it once someone looks at an application. The address proof requirement complicates it. Did you manage to receive the address proof from your bank? Is it just a document stating your address and name on Bank's letter head. I am not sure if other banks would be open for it, but I am going to give it a try.

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Reactions: ryeCatcher

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
@Ralino @FJK1982
Hi Guys,
So we are all in the same boat, albeit with different timelines for COPR expiry. Mine expires 28 July. For now I have not sent any webforms as there is still time and I'm hopeful that situation may change for the better. Even though CoPR are exempt, there are no flights in or out of UAE at the moment. Hoping for restrictions to be lifted by end of April. Emirates Airlines has scheduled some flights starting from 1st of May but its still unclear if they will actually fly. It all depends on when travel restrictions are lifted. Let's see how it goes.
Yeah, not sure when things will get settled, lets wait and watch

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
They don't care that much about PoF to double check what you reported in your application. It's mostly a formality to ensure you're getting enough money.

Just self report what you are carrying in cash and as a bank statement. You don't need a letter.
Thank you!

I understand that's how they operate on the ground. Just wondering if they do double check with the application and I do not need have the same even if I meet the threshold. Can it be a reason to deny me entry and cancel COPR?

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Everyone needs to just exercise patience.
It's a really hard time for everyone, we applicants, airlines, IRCC, Canada and the whole world.

Let's not overwhelm the understaffed IRCC agents with CSEs.
Let's just follow the instructions, if you cannot fly due to COVID lockdown raise CSE and wait till lo k down is lifted and let see what IRCC has to say.

If your COPR expires after travel ban is going to be lifted in your country kindly wait, I see some people here saying y COPR expires June July October.. that's like a slap on people whose COPRs have expired, some even have imminent expiry. In all honesty why cant we all just exercise some patience.

While everyone is worried, it would not go well if you can fly and just refuse to fly just for fear of COVID-19. Let's not just hope that IRCC will gove a consensus for that.

Soft landing is not an options no need growing the thread asking all about that.

Let's focus on what is important.
I think people are worried and scared for travelling may be for their family and kids. It's not a slap on anyone's face. Above all the job opportunities aren't there no wants to go in a unknown country when situation isn't favorable.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Thank you!

I understand that's how they operate on the ground. Just wondering if they do double check with the application and I do not need have the same even if I meet the threshold. Can it be a reason to deny me entry and cancel COPR?
As has been said by many here, there is NO REASON for you to feel worried.

The rule states an amount of money per person. You already have more than that. Even after spending some from your previously disclosed amount which was much higher than the minimum requirement.

Rules have some basis correct? And it is not difficult to imagine that the principal behind PoF (Proof of Funds) is to ensure the financial well-being of a new immigrant. To avoid him or her from getting into monetary issues so that this new immigrant can settle down and assimilate as is reasonably needed.

At the border POE / airport officers might ask PoF evidence. And why would they ask to see more than what the Canadian government stipulated as reasonable amount of money to sustain yourself?

Makes sense now...hope you are able to relax. There are so many other worries to worry about buddy - don't let this rattle you! ;)

Wish you all the very best!

Reactions: M160RA