+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cooperative banks fixed deposits- POF

Rae74

Jul 22, 2010
Hi,

I was wondering whether fixed deposit receipts of district cooperative banks are acceptable as POF????????

I have some deposits with cooperative banks and would like to keep it there as they offer good interest rates compared to nationalsed banks.

Also please advise whether we have to get bank certification along with the managers business card in case of Fixed deposit also. I was planning to get the fixed deposit receipt notarised, but had this doubt.

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rae74 said:
Hi,

I was wondering whether fixed deposit receipts of district cooperative banks are acceptable as POF????????

I have some deposits with cooperative banks and would like to keep it there as they offer good interest rates compared to nationalsed banks.

Also please advise whether we have to get bank certification along with the managers business card in case of Fixed deposit also. I was planning to get the fixed deposit receipt notarised, but had this doubt.

Hai ,
i want to know whether you want to show it to CHC ND or VO at POE?
if to CHC ND, than it will work but if you want to take as POF to canada at POE,than it will not.

Rae74

Jul 22, 2010
Hi,

I want to show as POF while sending the application, as per the new rules after 26/06, we are required to show the POF while filing the application. It is not for POE.

Please advise.

sjumani123

Sep 10, 2012
If we look at the return provided by various nationalized and private banks, we immediately find that they are higher than returns provided by various cooperative banks. There is a risk factor which comes when you are thinking about the investment in fixed deposit with co-operative bank. I have fixed deposit account with the YES Bank and I know my deposit is secure with the bank.