January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
January 19th,2011 happy happy happy
Hello guys

I am sponsoring my partner who is a Guatemalan
Here is our time line
Jun 24 2010 submit the application to Mississauga
Aug 4 2010 sponsor approved.
Sep 9 2010 I receive in Canada a letter from Mississauga asking to pay the Right of Permanent residence fee.
Sep 11 2010 My partner received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Guatemala to inform that he already analyzed the first part of his application and that he have to attend an interview and also he received instruction to take his passport, birth certificate, Curriculum vitae, a military service form and they wrote a note that in the date of the interview he have to bring more evidences of aour relationship.

So mi question is is all this good news? this is a good sign???? :eek:
We are soo nervous!!!
please any comment or answer will be appreciated.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The interview means that the visa officer needs to interview your partner to determine if your relationship is genuine and meets the definition of conjugal. Advise your partner to bring additional proof to that effect. Review OP manual 2 regarding how a VO assesses conjugal relationships.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

Seems strange that you received a request to pay the RFPR fee when a decision has not been made with respect to the PR application. I wouldn't pay it yet but would wait for the result of the interview.

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
rjessome said:
Seems strange that you received a request to pay the RFPR fee when a decision has not been made with respect to the PR application. I wouldn't pay it yet but would wait for the result of the interview.
But if they pay it now he could potentially walk out of the interview room with visa in hand instead of waiting even longer. Worse case scenario and its refused you still get your money back for the RFPR fee if its not issued.

When is the interview scheduled? What sort of evidence did you give in the first place?

Osiris

Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010.
IELTS Request
ROPRF requested to pay Sep 7 2010.
File Transfer...
Letter RPRF Payment processed.
Med's Done....
April 15 2010
Interview........
November 22th, 2010 Approved
Passport Req..
Sep 12 2010
VISA ISSUED...
January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Thanks rjessome, I already paid the RPRF, because in the letter they told me to do it, as quick as I can, or the process will be delayed, they said max 30 days to pay,I know is kinda strange, I a short time, I sent a lot of proofs (2 life insurance policy, phone bills, bank joint acct, emails, traditional letters, photos with our mothers, photos with aour friends, photos of our 4 trips together last year, western union money sent receipts, trips tickets, visa visitor refused notice,[his visitor visa was denied last year]) to many proofs of our relationship and 5 statutory letter form friends instead of 2.

At the same time that i received the request to pay letter my partner also received the letter from the embassy in Guatemala and is kinda of confused, because even that they said that they are pleased to inform that they finish the analysis of the first part of the PR application and they will inform him again when a interview is scheduled, they also sent instructions to submit passport, birth certificate Curriculum vitae and a military service form.
We dont know exactly what all this letters and info means! and is so confused, pleas any comments?
:'( :-*
Thanksss so much people you are so nice to answer.

Osiris

Sep 12, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2010.
IELTS Request
ROPRF requested to pay Sep 7 2010.
File Transfer...
Letter RPRF Payment processed.
Med's Done....
April 15 2010
Interview........
November 22th, 2010 Approved
Passport Req..
Sep 12 2010
VISA ISSUED...
January 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
plumosa said:
But if they pay it now he could potentially walk out of the interview room with visa in hand instead of waiting even longer. Worse case scenario and its refused you still get your money back for the RFPR fee if its not issued.

When is the interview scheduled? What sort of evidence did you give in the first place?

[Hi plumosa! I already paid the RPRF, because in the letter they told me to do it, as quick as I can, or the process will be delayed, they said max 30 days to pay,I know is kinda strange, I a short time, I sent a lot of proofs (2 life insurance policy, phone bills, bank joint acct, emails, traditional letters, photos with our mothers, photos with aour friends, photos of our 4 trips together last year, western union money sent receipts, trips tickets, visa visitor refused notice,[his visitor visa was denied last year]) to many proofs of our relationship and 5 statutory letter form friends instead of 2.

At the same time that i received the request to pay letter my partner also received the letter from the embassy in Guatemala and is kinda of confused, because even that they said that they are pleased to inform that they finish the analysis of the first part of the PR application and they will inform him again when a interview is scheduled, they also sent instructions to submit passport, birth certificate Curriculum vitae and a military service form.
We dont know exactly what all this letters and info means! and is so confused, pleas any comments?
]

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Osiris said:
Thanks rjessome, I already paid the RPRF, because in the letter they told me to do it, as quick as I can, or the process will be delayed, they said max 30 days to pay,I know is kinda strange, I a short time, I sent a lot of proofs (2 life insurance policy, phone bills, bank joint acct, emails, traditional letters, photos with our mothers, photos with aour friends, photos of our 4 trips together last year, western union money sent receipts, trips tickets, visa visitor refused notice,[his visitor visa was denied last year]) to many proofs of our relationship and 5 statutory letter form friends instead of 2.

It could be that your application wasn't complete because they are asking for birth certificate and military form. I've never dealt with that embassy so I don't know the Region Specific Guide but both of these forms are normally requested at the outset. However, it could be different for this office. Anyway, it may be that this is just a quality assurance audit interview that has more to do with CIC procedures than your application. CIC doesn't ask for RFPR fees if there has been no decision made. When is the interview? If it is more than 40 days from now I would request the CAIPS notes to see what's happening. Has there been any change in ECAS? This is a bit of a puzzle but looks to be positive from what you are telling us.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
what is the update with your application? by the way, i was sponsored by my partner under Conjugal Partnership and I'm willing to answer any questions that could help with your application. I am here now in Canada and I was approved last June 2010.

I was reading your posts here and I noticed that you got confusions. Kindly give me the update as of the moment so that I will know where to give you advises.

Thank you