+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Converting score from academic to general

enganche

Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to obtain a general certificate based on an academic score.

My Express Entry PR application was refused because I took the academic test instead. I had assumed (poorly) that it would still be accepted because English is my first language. I realized after booking the test that the general score was required, but I didn't change it because I thought the academic one would still be worth more.

I'm a bit disappointed because I have a deadline (expiring WP) and it felt there's more than enough evidence of my proficiency in my profile (i.e. already being employed in the country). Any suggestions? Is it worth appealing the decision?

ResourceGuy

Oct 2, 2017
I think you're best getting in touch with the ietls test center around your locale.

Secondly, you might wanna retake a GT test instead. I'd presume you would need very little time to prep since your use of English is apt.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to obtain a general certificate based on an academic score.

My Express Entry PR application was refused because I took the academic test instead. I had assumed (poorly) that it would still be accepted because English is my first language. I realized after booking the test that the general score was required, but I didn't change it because I thought the academic one would still be worth more.

I'm a bit disappointed because I have a deadline (expiring WP) and it felt there's more than enough evidence of my proficiency in my profile (i.e. already being employed in the country). Any suggestions? Is it worth appealing the decision?
1. It really doesn't matter what you think. IRCC says either General IELTs or CELPIP, nothing else, they will not change just for you.
\
\