+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convention refugee application denied from another country now can i apply in CA

sarumlee

Feb 7, 2016
Hi,

In the past (2010) i apply for the refugee status in South Korea and unfortunately refused for "conventional refugee status" later in 2012 i was deported from South Korea because i was not legale at that time. My question is that!

Now i have to tell this story to IRB?
is there any affect on my refugee application in canada?

please advice me,
Thank You!

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Yes, you should tell your complete story and make sure to make that clear in your application. It is one of the asked questions on the application.

It will not have any affect on the process of your application as you were not granted Asylum in any other country.

sarumlee

Feb 7, 2016
Thank you for the answer, that's true i was not granted refugee status just was an applicant.

Here i have one more question that until i am not become a conventional refugee is this possible to open a bank account? If yes then which papers i can provide to the bank officials.

fsfh60

Apr 26, 2012
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
Hello there, Just to give you my personal experience i applied for Asylum in the USA and after 10 years I was denied then moved to Canada, and applied got approved here within 5 years .

sarumlee

Feb 7, 2016
Thank you to share your personal experience. Really glad to hear that finally you got it, i am suffering in the same situation likely will get it soon.