+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

controlled/stable Epilepsy-any problem to my medical exam?

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
I talk to my doctor last year he reduced my medication and in this year I had to visit him again in the month of march. But due to coronavirus I couldn't contact him and my medication hasn't stopped but now I have consulted my physician and probably now I'll be stopping my medicine before exam. So this fact need to tell during medical and what are the chances for rejection Or new hurdles arise.
be careful.u have to ask your doctor before you stop your medecine.it's not a problem that you take this medicine. because it's not expensive in canada .it will not affect your application.

Reactions: Vickysharma

Vickysharma

Apr 6, 2019
be careful.u have to ask your doctor before you stop your medecine.it's not a problem that you take this medicine. because it's not expensive in canada .it will not affect your application.
Offcourse I'll stop medicine after consulting my physician but primary concern is that no hindrance to come upon my file during my medical because of Epelipsy and medication.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Offcourse I'll stop medicine after consulting my physician but primary concern is that no hindrance to come upon my file during my medical because of Epelipsy and medication.
As I said before I don't think it would be a problem. I would think very hard about going off your medication. As you know epilepsy is for life, there is no cure unless it is febrile, caused by a tumor or some other identifiable reason. A suggestion would be to get a letter from your Dr. saying what your meds are and that you have been stable on it for xx number of years. But of course the decision is yours to make.

Maunil9699

Star Member
May 31, 2021
As I said before I don't think it would be a problem. I would think very hard about going off your medication. As you know epilepsy is for life, there is no cure unless it is febrile, caused by a tumor or some other identifiable reason. A suggestion would be to get a letter from your Dr. saying what your meds are and that you have been stable on it for xx number of years. But of course the decision is yours to make.
Hello
I had seizure here in Canada in 2019 dec and doctor suggested me to take medicine. Should I declare in my medical exam that I am taking medicine and I got seizure or I can hide from them?

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
what happened to you after medical exam? because my husband have the same illness
I just so it now. I hope you all are fine. I got approved and I am leaving in Canada from 1 year already. I hope your application went through as well. All the best

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
I am really sorry I didn’t see this before. You don’t need to stop your pills I am already in Canada they didn’t ask any extra examination and they just asked for the passport

Maunil9699

Star Member
May 31, 2021
I am really sorry I didn’t see this before. You don’t need to stop your pills I am already in Canada they didn’t ask any extra examination and they just asked for the passport
Hello
I had seizure here in Canada in 2019 dec and doctor suggested me to take medicine. Should I declare in my medical exam that I am taking medicine and I got seizure or I can hide from them?

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hello
don’t hide anything. I know how you feel but they will not penalize you for that. Are you already in Canada? Or still waiting for the decision?

Maunil9699

Star Member
May 31, 2021
don’t hide anything. I know how you feel but they will not penalize you for that. Are you already in Canada? Or still waiting for the decision?
I am already in Canada. I came as student and now on workpermit . My application for PR is ongoing and now I have to.do medical exam

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello
First of all nobody here would ever suggest that you lie or hide things from IRCC or a Doctor, it can have very bad consequences for your application if it is discovered that you have done that.

What are you applying for and under which program? If it is a spousal PR application it certainly wouldn't disqualify you. Even if not spousal and you're stable on medication I don't think it would be considered a burden on the healthcare system as you would be paying the cost of medication. Has the cause of your seizure been diagnosed?

Reactions: Calinda

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
So I need to declare that I am taking medical right??
Yes you have to tell the truth. I declared I was taking pills and I had seizure. They didn’t ask any extra examination. They approved my application as a skilled worker. I am leaving here from 1 year. As soon as I got my Heath card I went to a walking clinic and they immediately suggested me a neurologist. I meet him and I did all examinations he decided to change my pills to something with less side effects. Pills cost round 30$ Per month wich is nothing. I am working and I am just fine no more seizures in 3 years thank you God. Long story short don’t lie for your sickness tell them exactly what you have believe me you will do great here wish you great luck

Maunil9699

Star Member
May 31, 2021
Yes you have to tell the truth. I declared I was taking pills and I had seizure. They didn’t ask any extra examination. They approved my application as a skilled worker. I am leaving here from 1 year. As soon as I got my Heath card I went to a walking clinic and they immediately suggested me a neurologist. I meet him and I did all examinations he decided to change my pills to something with less side effects. Pills cost round 30$ Per month wich is nothing. I am working and I am just fine no more seizures in 3 years thank you God. Long story short don’t lie for your sickness tell them exactly what you have believe me you will do great here wish you great luck
Se

Maunil9699

Star Member
May 31, 2021
First of all nobody here would ever suggest that you lie or hide things from IRCC or a Doctor, it can have very bad consequences for your application if it is discovered that you have done that.

What are you applying for and under which program? If it is a spousal PR application it certainly wouldn't disqualify you. Even if not spousal and you're stable on medication I don't think it would be considered a burden on the healthcare system as you would be paying the cost of medication. Has the cause of your seizure been diagnosed?
My neurologist doctor didn't identify any reason behind seizure. I did all report in Canada but all are normal. Now from last 1 year I am taking pills of that . I don't have any seizure now from 1 year .thank you for your advice