+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract to permanent employment: Do I need to inform CIC?

yl89123

Jan 29, 2014
Hi all,

My job have recently been transferred from contract to permanent, and the employment letter I submitted in the application package stated that I was a fixed contract employee. Do I need to send CIC the new contract which shows the change?

Thanks

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
There is no need to inform CIC of changes to your employment after you apply.

Aguntupalli

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2014
AOR Received.
31-10-2014
Med's Request
14-06-2015
Med's Done....
28-06-2015
The CIC is concerned only with 12 MONTHS of full time work and the NOC category u fall under and the job dutie mentioned in ur reference letter to match with ur NOC code.
It doesnt matter if it was a temporary/contract/permanent as long as u fill in those hours

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
yl89123 said:
Hi all,

My job have recently been transferred from contract to permanent, and the employment letter I submitted in the application package stated that I was a fixed contract employee. Do I need to send CIC the new contract which shows the change?

Thanks
i would recommend to send the updated offer to CIC and avoid in delays in the future....it will not hurt your application but again CIC make asses your application based on the experience you had before submitting the application not after.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
$albert$ said:
i would recommend to send the updated offer to CIC and avoid in delays in the future....it will not hurt your application but again CIC make asses your application based on the experience you had before submitting the application not after.
Why?

Changing jobs after you apply has no bearing on your CEC application.

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
LPS said:
Why?

Changing jobs after you apply has no bearing on your CEC application.
it will help support his application as they might consider the contract as self-employed.........as i said it will not harm his application i am just trying to avoid any delays in the future

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
$albert$ said:
it will help support his application as they might consider the contract as self-employed.........as i said it will not harm his application i am just trying to avoid any delays in the future
Getting a different job does not change the nature of work that already happened.

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
LPS said:
Getting a different job does not change the nature of work that already happened.
Hi LPS,

You are right, It wont change the existing application details. Buts As per Cic , In the AOR , they clearly mentioned the below things

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents

So, better we update CIC about this change , since there was a change in his type of work.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Oh you're right, the AOR does say that. :-[

All those other items could affect the processing of your application. I still don't see how a change in employment does, but it's always best to follow the instructions.

Jobs2014

Feb 9, 2014
yl89123,

Got a quick clarification.
- On Work Permit, could some one take/get Permanent job offer? Has it got any thing to do with being on Closed WP or Open WP?
- Believe that you are in the process of getting PR and applied through CEC, with work permit. right?

My understanding is that on WP, one could only do contract jobs. Hence the question.

Thanks!!

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
yl89123 said:
Hi all,

Thanks
AOR does says to keep CIC posted for any change in the employment, role etc. and yes this doesnt affect your application processing per say as it will assessed on the merits of your 12 months work experience already completed. When I changed my Job, I did informed CIC about the changes as suggested in the AOR.
Thanks!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
theboss said:
Hi LPS,

You are right, It wont change the existing application details. Buts As per Cic , In the AOR , they clearly mentioned the below things

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents

So, better we update CIC about this change , since there was a change in his type of work.
The sentence clearly mention "changes in your application". A new job does not change the application because the application is based on the job done from date X to the application submission date. I don't think CIC will consider job which is done after submission date (otherwise you could submit your application after 6 months of working and then update the application after additional 6 months). I think that the sentence means that you can update your application with additional job which is done before submission.

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
before submission of what? The sentence I showed is from my AOR. So application submitted, CIC felt that application is complete and sent the AOR with this message.

Its not before submission. if you change a new job I agree that it wont affect your CEC eligible experience but your employment history grows till to date. right?

Actually I didn't copy before the next part of the Aor instruction which says "To Avoid delays". if there is any further delay that may be for different reasons.

We hear some of the cases they ask for resident history etc., even though they update their addresses etc on time. To be in safer side, Its best practice to update them with latest info as CIC requested. (For eg.,some of the applicants updated with latest T4,NOA etc )

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
pfse said:
The sentence clearly mention "changes in your application". A new job does not change the application because the application is based on the job done from date X to the application submission date. I don't think CIC will consider job which is done after submission date (otherwise you could submit your application after 6 months of working and then update the application after additional 6 months). I think that the sentence means that you can update your application with additional job which is done before submission.
But that would be redundant. It is obvious that your application package should describe accurately your circumstances at the time you applied. What they are asking for is changes in your personal circumstances after you applied.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
CIC is interested in changes to your employment status not for the professional background (as that experience has already happened and changes in future won't affect past) but for criminal/security type checks.

For instance if a few months after submission of your application you switch jobs and the new office is located in a cave at the bottom of a sort of active volcano it is a possible indication that you might be employed by an evil criminal enterprise. This is an item of interest for RCMP (and probably the Shield or the Avengers depending on how serious it is).

Even worse, you might be working and living in Quebec in your new position which could be cause for refusal.

On a more serious note, if your employment status changes as AOR requests:

Do: Send a brief email stating name and location of new employer and your new job title and start date. That can be done in two lines.

Do NOT: Send a reference letter, payslips, contract, etc. These are irrelevant and could only cause confusion.