+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract foreign worker Applying for an Independent Immigrant?

mayo onse

May 6, 2008
Hi, I'm here right now in Canada because of work. I'm already 1 year here for 24 months contract. I do have a Work Permit. I'm working presently at A&W restaurant as a food counter attendant. The Canada Government don't have a program for temporary workers who works in fastfood to become an immigrant. Even the Provincial Nominee Program are not for the workers in Fastfood. Lots of foreign workers population are working in Fast food because that's the easiest way to get here in Canada from their original country if they don't have any skilled experience. Do you think it its easily for me to apply for an independent immigrant here in canada? I think that's the only chance for me to become a permanent resident here in Canada. How much money do I need to spend in my Bank Account to proof to the Canadian Immigration that I can support myself here in Canada? How long is the processing for applying of Permanent Residency? What is the major requirements for this so that I will prepare it right now while I still have 9 months here in Canada? Hope you will help me to become a new Landed Immigrant here in Canada. Thank you very much.

kity

Jun 4, 2008
mayo onse said:
Hi, I'm here right now in Canada because of work. I'm already 1 year here for 24 months contract. I do have a Work Permit. I'm working presently at A&W restaurant as a food counter attendant. The Canada Government don't have a program for temporary workers who works in fastfood to become an immigrant. Even the Provincial Nominee Program are not for the workers in Fastfood. Lots of foreign workers population are working in Fast food because that's the easiest way to get here in Canada from their original country if they don't have any skilled experience. Do you think it its easily for me to apply for an independent immigrant here in canada? I think that's the only chance for me to become a permanent resident here in Canada. How much money do I need to spend in my Bank Account to proof to the Canadian Immigration that I can support myself here in Canada? How long is the processing for applying of Permanent Residency? What is the major requirements for this so that I will prepare it right now while I still have 9 months here in Canada? Hope you will help me to become a new Landed Immigrant here in Canada. Thank you very much.
Hi

I would like to know how did u apply to A&W. Abt your query, better go to the embassy for further assistance.

Thanks, Kity

kayebee8

Jul 22, 2007
You still have hope!

GO to this page for details:

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsandServices/PNP/SO/so_ELSS.htm