+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuous Work Experience?

Forsberg21

Apr 12, 2017
Hi all,

I have a question regarding what they mean with Continuous Work experience.

My partner has been with her current company for 5 years now, but during the 5 years she has continuously taken on new roles in the company (gradually taking on more senior roles). This also means that she has had 2-3 different contracts but for the same company. All positions somewhat in the same field, but of course with varying job tasks and levels of responsibility.

Will this count as 5 years of continuous work experience? or how should she go about declaring this?

Thanks to all of you for your great support.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all,

I have a question regarding what they mean with Continuous Work experience.

My partner has been with her current company for 5 years now, but during the 5 years she has continuously taken on new roles in the company (gradually taking on more senior roles). This also means that she has had 2-3 different contracts but for the same company. All positions somewhat in the same field, but of course with varying job tasks and levels of responsibility.

Will this count as 5 years of continuous work experience? or how should she go about declaring this?

Thanks to all of you for your great support.
Under which category is your partner applying? CEC or FSW? Continuous work experience is as you described; however, for FSW, she needs to show that she worked for a full year in her primary NOC - i.e. if the change in her roles resulted in her having different NOC's, she needs to have been in at least one of those roles for a year and claim it as her primary NOC...

In declaring it on the application, she needs to enter separate work experience entries for each NOC if she has more than 1.

In providing proof of it, she can use one reference letter for the entire 5 years, but the letter will need to break down her employment by each of her designations, stating the dates in each designation, the job duties and responsibilities of each designation, and the ending salary of each designation...

Forsberg21

Apr 12, 2017
Under which category is your partner applying? CEC or FSW? Continuous work experience is as you described; however, for FSW, she needs to show that she worked for a full year in her primary NOC - i.e. if the change in her roles resulted in her having different NOC's, she needs to have been in at least one of those roles for a year and claim it as her primary NOC...

In declaring it on the application, she needs to enter separate work experience entries for each NOC if she has more than 1.

In providing proof of it, she can use one reference letter for the entire 5 years, but the letter will need to break down her employment by each of her designations, stating the dates in each designation, the job duties and responsibilities of each designation, and the ending salary of each designation...

Thanks a lot! That clarifies it!