+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultants or On Your Own?

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjuban_ip said:
hi sanjeev,
plz tel me address of ur consultant..i m in confusion bcoz most of consultant just make the money. u can send me the details of consultancy.at my id....asap
rockingstar_72 @ rediffmail.com
hi sanjuban

the consultant i used is based in Ludhiana, Punjab. if u live in other part of India u can use authorised consultant. i hope someone can provide u the link for the website as i don't have it with me at the moment. but i guess u have to choose them wisely and all by ur self. if u live in punjab then PM me i'll send u their details.

regards.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
hi Rajeshwar
i'm going with a consultant.
i know it is a gamble but i think it is worth taking.
i'm workign full time so i don't have the time, patience to go thru all the forms, etc
someone who does it every other day, might be better than me to do it.
not disagree with calgirl but i don't see myself as DIY person.
all the best to everyone, with or without a consultant.
bye

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pooja82 said:
hi Rajeshwar
i'm going with a consultant.
i know it is a gamble but i think it is worth taking.
i'm workign full time so i don't have the time, patience to go thru all the forms, etc
someone who does it every other day, might be better than me to do it.
not disagree with calgirl but i don't see myself as DIY person.
all the best to everyone, with or without a consultant.
bye
hi pooja

it's a wise decision in my opinion. i used one and i don't regret it. they r nice ppl. laways there to help and guide. and the fact is they r now my friends as they r from same age group almost maybe a couple of years older than me. so it's going gr8. hopefully u will find someone reliable and honest and have a excellant exp to share with everyone. in case u have any query u know where to post it?

regards.

anbesivam

Nov 29, 2009
I intend to go with either Abhinav Consulting or Y-Axis Consultants (Bangalore). Does anyone have any idea as to how good they are. I read horror stories about WWW-ICS and i had a bad experience even during counseling with them.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
sharma77 said:
cic.gc.ca is the best consultant! i never advice anyone to go to theses thugs. my opinion excuse me
SORRY TO REVISIT THIS THREAD SO LATE! NOW WHY I CALLED THESES PERSONS" THUGS" BECAUSE THEY R CHARGING SO MUCH HIFTY AMOUNT JUST FOR FILLING UP FEW FORMS! CAN ANYBODY WHO HAS USED THESES CONSULTANTS TELL ME THAT WHAT HELP THEY HAD GIVEN U???? U HAVE TO ARRANGE UR SELF ALL THE DEGREES, TRANSCRIPTS,WORK EXPERINCE LETTERS, JOB LETTERS, BIRTH CERTIFICATES, PASSPORTS, MEDICALS, INCOME TAX RETURS, BANK STATEMENTS et al. NOW IF ANY CONSULTANT HAS ARRANGED THESES DOCUMENTS OF IT OWN , THEY R ALWAYS WELCOME. IMMIGRATION MINISTER OF CANADA JASON HAS ALWAYS DISCOURAGED EVERYONE TO USE THESES CONSULTANTS & ADVOCATED cic.gc.ca. I CAN GIVE U SO MANY REFRENCES OF HIM. HOPE THIS CLEARS DOUBTS

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calling someone a "thug" involves someone using force or fraud. As long as the consultant or attorney is honest about what services they offer and what they will cost, and do what they promised, they are honest professionals who earn the money they charge.

jitz

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TO - anbesivam

Actually my cousin is started the process very recently and now he is in the stage of submitting police clearance and IELTS test appearing as advised by Ww!cS them. And also he has been informed within 15 to 45 days max he will receive the file number. I understand as per the new system of canadian immigration, you can get migrated between 6 to 18 months max.

As far as Ww!cS is concerned, they are quite oldest immigration consultants and in many cases CHC waives the interview for the customers of Ww!cS The only concerned point, they charge for everything, like if you opt to hire them for post landing services as well, for even smallest assistance they will charge a fee, which is why generally customers they use their services till successful migration. Later on they manage on their own through friends and relatives.

As far as job is concerned, there is a mild effect due to Global crisis but be positive, because by the time you go there, may be the chances are better than those who land there before you.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.
regards,
Singh

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dr. Sharma,

Everyone understands that No influence works in the Canadian Immigration process. No one can help getting a Canadian PR and No one can make our files move faster as well. And we do not expect any of that from our Consultants.

We only take a Consultant's help to:

1. For case filing. -Yes we can do it ourselves too, but avoid due to reasons aforesaid in this thread.
2. Organise our docs/papers. -We might mess it up.
3. Type the apps. -We would run around to do so.
4. What to fill/Where to fill. -We would need constant reference to the guides.
5. Timely address issues. -We may forget to meet the deadline/s. They won't.
6. Whom to send/How to send. -We'll again need to refer guides time-to-time.
7. Courier formalities. -We'll require to touch base with this 3rd party. (they pay for it too?!)
8. Passport sending. -We might get pruturbed with that issue.
9. Post Landing Services. -Gold package cases; a real boon !
10. Money Back Guarantee. -If we don't make it, their services stand FREE, we lose nothing !
11. Employment Readiness Course. -The 1st job (menial though) is assured thru the ERC.
12. Technical Assistance. -Not many of us are tech savvy & might not surf the net frequently.
13. Expert Advice. -Even with the guides we might not know certain issues.
14. Interview Waiver. -A well formatted apps shall get that. Some of us are wary of that.
15. Interview Advice. -If we have to, they'll make us ready (very useful for less mortals).
16. Photocopy Costs. -Time & Cost saving feature. Might me important for many.
17. Overall Time Saving. -We give them all & then can wo away on our daily routine.
19. Less Headache. -Debatable... previous posts killed this issue. But very valid for me.
20. Keep track of all paperwork. -We may misplace them, but they do not/cannot.

The above, or some of it, might not be applicable for a smart professional, but for the larger mass it turns out quite handy. What with the US$ 3,000-4,000, I'll pledge mine for the above? I guess, I'm less fortunate & there can be others like me too.

Regards.

Ps: Docs, IT guys, Suave Professionals... plz ignore this post.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
jitz said:
TO - anbesivam

Actually my cousin is started the process very recently and now he is in the stage of submitting police clearance and IELTS test appearing as advised by Ww!cS them. And also he has been informed within 15 to 45 days max he will receive the file number. I understand as per the new system of canadian immigration, you can get migrated between 6 to 18 months max.

As far as Ww!cS is concerned, they are quite oldest immigration consultants and in many cases CHC waives the interview for the customers of Ww!cS The only concerned point, they charge for everything, like if you opt to hire them for post landing services as well, for even smallest assistance they will charge a fee, which is why generally customers they use their services till successful migration. Later on they manage on their own through friends and relatives.

As far as job is concerned, there is a mild effect due to Global crisis but be positive, because by the time you go there, may be the chances are better than those who land there before you.

regards,
Singh
Not true. It really doesn't matter how or through which consultancy you apply, if they think an intreview is applicable, they will call you for the same. Most of the sucessful applicants get a waiver for interview. Please check www.cic.gc.ca for more details.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I think a good consultancy can reduce the chance of someone having an interview. But I agree with Calgirl, because this reduction is not significant for most applicants.

But here is a scenario, suppose there is a hole in your life/story, or some anomaly that is hard to explain, then the consultant might know strategies for this that will reduce suspicion from CIC that your application is fraudulent, etc and hence, reduce the chance of an interview.

There was one person on this forum who could not get an Indian PCC because Nepalis cannot apply for PCC in India (perhaps under certain circumstances) even though they have lived in India. A consultant might know how to come around this or what to tell CIC.

But most people don't have any anomaly and if they have time on their hand or do not have the money for consultants, then they could fill out the applications themselves.

Honestly, for most people, I don't think it would take a long time to fill the application. The difficulty for the application forms is trying to figure out all the addresses where you lived, etc but these are information that you need to give to the consultant anyway. So if you are going to write it down neatly for him/her then you might as well type it neatly onto an application form or onto a word document. Other than that, I filled up mine pretty fast and I've lived in multiple addresses across multiple countries. As for gathering documents, appendix A is quite clear on this, at least for the Buffalo office.

I do think there are some people who suffer during the application process due to their confidence in English (no offense to anyone). The application form or instructions will say something and they will do the opposite or they will give additional material which is impossible to comprehend for a first language English speaker.

Ultimately, its the applicant's trade-off between time, money, effort, etc.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
rupeshhari said:
I think a good consultancy can reduce the chance of someone having an interview. But I agree with Calgirl, because this reduction is not significant for most applicants.

But here is a scenario, suppose there is a hole in your life/story, or some anomaly that is hard to explain, then the consultant might know strategies for this that will reduce suspicion from CIC that your application is fraudulent, etc and hence, reduce the chance of an interview.

There was one person on this forum who could not get an Indian PCC because Nepalis cannot apply for PCC in India (perhaps under certain circumstances) even though they have lived in India. A consultant might know how to come around this or what to tell CIC.

But most people don't have any anomaly and if they have time on their hand or do not have the money for consultants, then they could fill out the applications themselves.

Honestly, for most people, I don't think it would take a long time to fill the application. The difficulty for the application forms is trying to figure out all the addresses where you lived, etc but these are information that you need to give to the consultant anyway. So if you are going to write it down neatly for him/her then you might as well type it neatly onto an application form or onto a word document. Other than that, I filled up mine pretty fast and I've lived in multiple addresses across multiple countries. As for gathering documents, appendix A is quite clear on this, at least for the Buffalo office.

I do think there are some people who suffer during the application process due to their confidence in English (no offense to anyone). The application form or instructions will say something and they will do the opposite or they will give additional material which is impossible to comprehend for a first language English speaker.
fully justified!

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calgirl said:
jitz said:
TO - anbesivam

regards,
Singh
Not true. It really doesn't matter how or through which consultancy you apply, if they think an intreview is applicable, they will call you for the same. Most of the sucessful applicants get a waiver for interview. Please check www.cic.gc.ca for more details.
i second calgirl. WWICS was very good once but now they have turned into moneymakers only. One of my friends have applied through them in 2004 and he was asked to submit fresh bank statements etc in dec last year. though he submitted everything to them within 15th dec still they dispatched his docs only before 4 days of last in Jan and that too after almost 10 reminders. they have a office in Ludhiana and when i decided to apply everyone from my friends and my clients advised me "NOT" choosing them. so i guess it depends on person to person and consultant to consultant.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
sanjeevindia said:
calgirl said:
jitz said:
TO - anbesivam

regards,
Singh
i second calgirl. ***** was very good once but now they have turned into moneymakers only. One of my friends have applied through them in 2004 and he was asked to submit fresh bank statements etc in dec last year. though he submitted everything to them within 15th dec still they dispatched his docs only before 4 days of last in Jan and that too after almost 10 reminders. they have a office in Ludhiana and when i decided to apply everyone from my friends and my clients advised me "NOT" choosing them. so i guess it depends on person to person and consultant to consultant.
after knowing everything abt the consultants, u still belive on them? strange

jitz

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To - sanjeevindia / calgirl / sharma77 / anbesivam

For finding out Consultant whether they are certified by CIO Canada immigration or not?

Here are the Link :

http://www.csic-scci.ca/find/details.html?cid=51072

Input there Name in it you will find their info / etc

Thks