+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultancy

chef

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I would like to know the best way of applying FSW through consultance or by own,

Pls let me know.

If consultancy,PLS let me knw the trusted one

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is your personal Choice

There are multiple thread already dicussed on the forum, please refer to one of them mentioned below. I hope this helps

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t29738.0.html

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
FSW-PR under 'fast track' System: All u need to know
U may just not need a Consultant at all...

Under the present 'fast track' system, the PR processing of FSW is quite 'simple & straight'. We actually don't need an 'agent', unless something is bothering us, viz. Problem cases, Previous rejections, Lack of time etc. Even under that duress, we can still do it ourselves. Today, for processing our FSW cases all we need is the awesome CIC website [which has a detailed Guide] & Forums like these.

Note that most consultants would just be rendering 'courier & typing' services. And when we need real 'consultancy' we'll find them lacking & unaccessible. Secondly, they are prone to delaying our cases. Thirdly, we'll yet be running into these Forums for getting your queries answered. It doesn't mean all are bad, but most are. And for just that is spending our hard-earned greenbacks on them justified? I feel "No".

Here's how we can go about it...

How do we send the Application?
Initially we send the Apps (+Processing Fees+some Docs [only]) to the CIO-NS, wherever we are, whatever be our CHC. Thereafter, once we get the AOR+120 days letter, we send the complete docs (+Copies of One Set of the 'original' apps+the RPRF*) to the local Visa Office (CHC). And wait for further instructions. For more info see below...

Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
For details & complete procedure on the above plz refer to the CIC Instruction Guide here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Application Forms
The full set of application forms are given here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

FAQ Thread on this Forum
A very useful FAQ thread [on the subject] is available here [initiated by member 'maaties']:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html

The Process in a Nutshell
Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Eligibility Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Qualitative Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Progress" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >
Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR** > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Timeframe for the 'entire' Process:
Let whatever the Consultants or their Adverts say. The total timeframe [from 1st application to case completion'] is 6-18 months. Avg. 12 months. Many get it within 8-10 months. This timeframe is not one CHC specific... it's for all CHCs. Unless there are 'red flags' in our case that delays the Background or Security Checks, most of us will 'compete' the process in 1yr.

*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early.
**Meds & PPR are sometimes clubbed together.

Notwithstanding the fact that there'd yet be ppl who'd find a Consultant quite handy. But overall, are we so naive today? Are we not 'internet-savvy? Can't we devote few days [taken Off from work] to read the guide & fill-out the forms? Aren't most of us asking questions here or answering? Then, where's the problem in avoiding a Consultant? Unless we are Ok with spending our $$$.

However, whether to go with a Consultant or DIY is surely a personal choice & that is debatable...
Qorax

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow that was really really Nice Qorax. You come up with wonderful, informative and insightful posts that help many people. You get +1 from my side friend

Thanks for all the excellent work

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thanx dear Ankit... same to you.
I hope others do not get offended quoting a 'mutual admiration club'... I saw that once here... long-long time ago. But rest assured my intention is always to help others.

Qorax.

irshad2005

Feb 22, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
18-02-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2010
Nice said qorax...
I came across many of your threads and found it very useful and helpful.
It also shows that u care for every1 which is a very good thing.
Keep up the good work qorax and we also try to help every1 as far as we know but you are doing a commendable job.
Keep it up buddy :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thanx Irshad. I posted the same under a separate thread now:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-pr-under-fast-track-all-u-need-to-know-t36571.0.html

irshad2005

Feb 22, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.