+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequences/Problems of NOT working in nominated Province

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hello Seniors,

I am nominated by Ontario and got PR. Now, I am planning to land in Toronto sometime soon. There are high chances that I will get a job in other provinces.
What would be the issues/problems that I will face in future if I switch the province after landing there ?

Is it legal ?

Do I need to inform someone about this?

Will it create any issues while renewing PR or applying for Citizenship?

I am unable to find anything on OINP website other than the following text:

IMPORTANT: FEEDBACK FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROGRAM EVALUATION
The OINP may seek feedback from nominee and employer for up to five years after the successful nomination for permanent residency of the prospective nominee.

Thanks!

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hello Seniors,

I am nominated by Ontario and got PR. Now, I am planning to land in Toronto sometime soon. There are high chances that I will get a job in other provinces.
What would be the issues/problems that I will face in future if I switch the province after landing there ?

Is it legal ?

The OINP may seek feedback from nominee and employer for up to five years after the successful nomination for permanent residency of the prospective nominee.

Thanks!
It's illegal and the IRCC will dash your hopes of PR renewal. They'd themselves file a case against you, and debar you from applying, ever !

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hello Seniors,

Is it legal ?

Thanks!
I won't be harsh as the previous comment, but you should be able to prove during your PR renewal that you have tried your absolute best to find a job in Ontario before settling in other provinces. Let's say that you searched for 2 months and then joined a company in another province, then you are in trouble. How long is absolute best, is completely up to IRCC.