+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFUSION REGARDING SIN AND OFF CAMPUS PERMIT

meNew1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2010
Hi Friends
my study visa is expiring this 30Th august 2012 so i already have applied for study permit extension which i will hopefully get for November 2012 as i wish to attend my convocation in Ontario before i go somewhere else. So could you tell me one thing many of my friends (who already have valid study permits till 30th of Nov 2012) have already applied for an off campus work permit so that they can apply for SIN and can utilize these 3 months to work on that SIN. But do u think that's something legal because ideally our course is over on 24th of august so we are no longer students so how can they actually apply and work on an off campus permit full time when they already have graduated irrespective of the fact that their study visa is expiring in November. Those friends of mine intend to work on dat off campus permit till mid of October n then apply for work permit which they will get in 40 days from den so ideally dey get to work extra for these 3 months full time. Do u think it is legally allowed to do so? These friends also have friends who actually have done the same thing and now also comfortably have d PR card in their pockets

not sure

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meNew1 said:
Hi Friends
my study visa is expiring this 30Th august 2012 so i already have applied for study permit extension which i will hopefully get for November 2012 as i wish to attend my convocation in Ontario before i go somewhere else. So could you tell me one thing many of my friends (who already have valid study permits till 30th of Nov 2012) have already applied for an off campus work permit so that they can apply for SIN and can utilize these 3 months to work on that SIN. But do u think that's something legal because ideally our course is over on 24th of august so we are no longer students so how can they actually apply and work on an off campus permit full time when they already have graduated irrespective of the fact that their study visa is expiring in November. Those friends of mine intend to work on dat off campus permit till mid of October n then apply for work permit which they will get in 40 days from den so ideally dey get to work extra for these 3 months full time. Do u think it is legally allowed to do so? These friends also have friends who actually have done the same thing and now also comfortably have d PR card in their pockets

yes u can its legal

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)