File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
I will be eligible to apply by 31 aug 2017. My all forms are ready but wondering should I wait for new update (3 yr in fall) ? Or I should send my application on 31 aug 2017? Worried what if i dispatch on 31 aug and if new application kit will be available in first week of sept 2017 than my application may come back .

Any valuable inputs ??

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Don't worry, it will not come back. You will be subject to the conditions and kits of the date you signed the application form. There are already some people in this forum who used the old forms (before the intent to reside part is removed) and got their AORs even though the new forms are in effect.

Reactions: Katayoon

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Don't worry, it will not come back. You will be subject to the conditions and kits of the date you signed the application form. There are already some people in this forum who used the old forms (before the intent to reside part is removed) and got their AORs even though the new forms are in effect.
which thread have these people posted in?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I will be eligible to apply by 31 aug 2017. My all forms are ready but wondering should I wait for new update (3 yr in fall) ? Or I should send my application on 31 aug 2017? Worried what if i dispatch on 31 aug and if new application kit will be available in first week of sept 2017 than my application may come back .

Any valuable inputs ??
Wait at least ten days BEYOND the date you meet the minimum physical presence test. Many if not most should wait at least thirty days. While 1460 days meets the requirement, that depends on IRCC concluding that in fact there is no doubt, no question, no possibility that it was any less.

(Remember, if IRCC has any question that the presence is less than that reported, and the application was made without a margin, IRCC is virtually required to deny the application. This is not dependent on IRCC concluding for sure the presence was less. It can happen if IRCC merely doubts or has a question, if IRCC merely apprehends the possibility the applicant's presence was less. IRCC does not need to determine how many days the applicant was present in Canada; it is the applicant's burden to prove how many days the applicant was present, so if IRCC questions the actual presence, it does not matter how many days the applicant was actually present, what matters is how many days the applicant PROVES he or she was present.)

I waited well over a year, but that was due to my particular circumstances. I mention this because how long to wait is a very personal decision which should be made with due consideration given to the particular circumstances in the individual case.

Waiting at least a week or two is the minimum prudent margin, for those applicants who are without any doubts at all about ALL dates of exit and entry and whose circumstances otherwise almost certainly allow no room for questions or concerns. That is, unless they do not care about how long it might take to process the application while IRCC engages in non-routine inquiries for the purpose of verifying presence. (That is, applying sooner can increase the risk the process will take longer, potentially quite a lot longer; waiting to apply a little later is the better course to follow for those who want to actually become a citizen sooner.)

Transition to new rules:

No reason to worry about this. While there is no guarantee, it is highly likely there will be notice of the date the changes take effect at least a week to a month prior to the date the new presence requirements come into force.

It is not likely the change will happen before October, if even then (this government tends to be slow implementing changes).

Nonetheless, no matter when one applies, the prospective applicant should always visit the IRCC website and verify that the application form is the right form as of the day the prospective applicant is sending off the application. Whether a previous version of the form will suffice, in some situations, is only about whether that form will constitute a complete application and allow it to be processed. Which is, of course, of crucial importance (and some times the changes made will indeed preclude use of a prior version), but as others noted, many times the change does not preclude processing an application made with the prior version. BUT, here too the prospective applicant who is hoping for routine processing without delays, wants to minimize the risks of non-routine processing by making sure that the application is the current version as of the date the application is signed and actually sent off.

Way too many prospective applicants put far too much emphasis on what meets the minimum requirements and what should (rather than what will) eventually lead to a successful outcome and the grant of citizenship, without adequately considering factors which can influence the risk of non-routine processing or even a negative outcome. And this is evidenced by the scores of whaaa happened reports, typically blaming CIC/IRCC for delays and inconvenience, by those whose applications have been sidetracked into this or that non-routine process. There is rarely any shortage of such reports in forums like this. Most of those travails could be avoided, including many by simply waiting an extra few weeks or so before applying.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Wait at least ten days BEYOND the date you meet the minimum physical presence test. Many if not most should wait at least thirty days. While 1460 days meets the requirement, that depends on IRCC concluding that in fact there is no doubt, no question, no possibility that it was any less.

(Remember, if IRCC has any question that the presence is less than that reported, and the application was made without a margin, IRCC is virtually required to deny the application. This is not dependent on IRCC concluding for sure the presence was less. It can happen if IRCC merely doubts or has a question, if IRCC merely apprehends the possibility the applicant's presence was less. IRCC does not need to determine how many days the applicant was present in Canada; it is the applicant's burden to prove how many days the applicant was present, so if IRCC questions the actual presence, it does not matter how many days the applicant was actually present, what matters is how many days the applicant PROVES he or she was present.)

I waited well over a year, but that was due to my particular circumstances. I mention this because how long to wait is a very personal decision which should be made with due consideration given to the particular circumstances in the individual case.

Waiting at least a week or two is the minimum prudent margin, for those applicants who are without any doubts at all about ALL dates of exit and entry and whose circumstances otherwise almost certainly allow no room for questions or concerns. That is, unless they do not care about how long it might take to process the application while IRCC engages in non-routine inquiries for the purpose of verifying presence. (That is, applying sooner can increase the risk the process will take longer, potentially quite a lot longer; waiting to apply a little later is the better course to follow for those who want to actually become a citizen sooner.)

Transition to new rules:

No reason to worry about this. While there is no guarantee, it is highly likely there will be notice of the date the changes take effect at least a week to a month prior to the date the new presence requirements come into force.

It is not likely the change will happen before October, if even then (this government tends to be slow implementing changes).

Nonetheless, no matter when one applies, the prospective applicant should always visit the IRCC website and verify that the application form is the right form as of the day the prospective applicant is sending off the application. Whether a previous version of the form will suffice, in some situations, is only about whether that form will constitute a complete application and allow it to be processed. Which is, of course, of crucial importance (and some times the changes made will indeed preclude use of a prior version), but as others noted, many times the change does not preclude processing an application made with the prior version. BUT, here too the prospective applicant who is hoping for routine processing without delays, wants to minimize the risks of non-routine processing by making sure that the application is the current version as of the date the application is signed and actually sent off.

Way too many prospective applicants put far too much emphasis on what meets the minimum requirements and what should (rather than what will) eventually lead to a successful outcome and the grant of citizenship, without adequately considering factors which can influence the risk of non-routine processing or even a negative outcome. And this is evidenced by the scores of whaaa happened reports, typically blaming CIC/IRCC for delays and inconvenience, by those whose applications have been sidetracked into this or that non-routine process. There is rarely any shortage of such reports in forums like this. Most of those travails could be avoided, including many by simply waiting an extra few weeks or so before applying.
Avoid unnecessary, long and irrelevant replies. Talk to the point and keep it simple and short so people would like to read it....

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Thanks for reply

Transition to new rules:

rahul.tiwari

Oct 1, 2012
You mean eligible by old 4/6 rule?

There are lots of threads going on and I am bit confused.
I am eligible for 3/5 rule (as of last month) but I believe, I have to wait by fall (When CIC release news to apply any time in September?) . Then I should use new updated forms and apply.

please correct me.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
You nailed it. This guy will talk and talk no matter what you have asked. If you ask ,what is the capital of canada, he will start with Northwest Territories and may be a century later he will reach ontario. By this time toronto will be lost somewhere. Some pighead from Syria will still oil him to get some info or afraid of being banned in this forum. LOL
LOL...