NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Hello everyone,

A little background of myself. I have a year plus experience in branding. I have a masters degree in marketing. Graduated in 2015. And currently I'm in the Process to enter the express pool once my WES gets done. I have a score of 407 with a IELTS score of
W:6.5
S:8.5
R: 8
L: 8.5.

Unfortunately, a CLB 9 score is a far fetched dream because I have already given IELTS 3 times. I'm appearing for IELTS 4th time soon. My confusion is if I should go for Academic or General. The draw of 21st Sept. i.e. today seems to show a lesser score - 483. The maximum I can score with IELTS on CLB 9 is 450 or 453.

I'm confused whether I should take a chance and wait for the IELTS perfect score and keep putting in 11,000 each month and cross my fingers hoping to get a PNP ITA ( I also am paying a consultant money for helping me with the process) or go ahead and put in 15 lakhs and apply for studies. (I'm taking a loan with great efforts if I pick that option. Here as well, I will be doing just a year diploma which will give me a year stay back and in this duration of year stay back I will have to either get a LMIA or come home - NOT SURE OF THIS PART because I won't qualify for PNP of Ontario due to just 1 year course.)

This is too confusing and I'm worried I might lose a lot of money and time in this uncertainty.

Please give any advice on my situation which can help me take a decision.

Thanks.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
To address the two points you raise:

a) You're supposed to do IELTS General, not IELTS Academic
b) While scores appear to be on a downward decline, they are unlikely to go sub 460 any time soon. While maximizing your IELTS scores will not hurt, your longer term strategy for now should definitely be hunting PNP nominations.

niki.chawla1

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 0124
AOR Received.
07-12-16
Med's Done....
17-12-16
Passport Req..
26-12-17
Aragorn165 said:
To address the two points you raise:

a) You're supposed to do IELTS General, not IELTS Academic
b) While scores appear to be on a downward decline, they are unlikely to go sub 460 any time soon. While maximizing your IELTS scores will not hurt, your longer term strategy for now should definitely be hunting PNP nominations.
a) Yes. My bad. I know I will have to give Academic IELTS. I'm aware of it.
B) As I mentioned, my maximum score can be 453 with a CLB 9. And I doubt I'll reach more than 7 in writing.

Thank you for the help. I guess PNP nominations which look like will open at 450 is my only chance.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niki.chawla1 said:
a) Yes. My bad. I know I will have to give Academic IELTS. I'm aware of it.
You have to appear for IELTS General. NOT Academic.

VNC007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Passport Req..
12 Oct 2016
My Suggestions

Aim at CLB 10 if you want ITA soon, with CLB 10 you will score 470+ , you need to give General if not continuing studies and academic if continuing studies, I would suggest reading Baron's IELTS and Cambridge IELTS, If you cant make it to CLB 10 dont give IELTS.

Backup Plan, Wait for PNP from BC, NOva Scotia & saskatchewan since Ontario is closed as of now, dont restrict yourself to only one province, you will be required to spend 2 years out of 5 years in your chosen province.

Best of luck

niki.chawla1 said:
Hello everyone,

A little background of myself. I have a year plus experience in branding. I have a masters degree in marketing. Graduated in 2015. And currently I'm in the Process to enter the express pool once my WES gets done. I have a score of 407 with a IELTS score of

Unfortunately, a CLB 9 score is a far fetched dream because I have already given IELTS 3 times. I'm appearing for IELTS 4th time soon. My confusion is if I should go for Academic or General. The draw of 21st Sept. i.e. today seems to show a lesser score - 483. The maximum I can score with IELTS on CLB 9 is 450 or 453.

I'm confused whether I should take a chance and wait for the IELTS perfect score and keep putting in 11,000 each month and cross my fingers hoping to get a PNP ITA ( I also am paying a consultant money for helping me with the process) or go ahead and put in 15 lakhs and apply for studies. (I'm taking a loan with great efforts if I pick that option. Here as well, I will be doing just a year diploma which will give me a year stay back and in this duration of year stay back I will have to either get a LMIA or come home - NOT SURE OF THIS PART because I won't qualify for PNP of Ontario due to just 1 year course.)

This is too confusing and I'm worried I might lose a lot of money and time in this uncertainty.

Thanks.

thegreatest

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niki.chawla1 said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

IELTS sucks! Appear for CELPIP exam. Try their practice test online.