+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how this question is worded, please help

Hayden&Yui

Feb 24, 2018
So i am just about done filling out the sponsorship info with my wife but am stuck wondering about this question #4, Part C on the IMM5532e form. It states "if you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship?", it is a yes or no question but does not indicate that "if the above question was answered yes then skip this". the above question being "Are you living together now?" which is a yes.

I am confused as if i answer either yes or no to the #4 question it would indicate that we are not living together....

These forms seem to be worded terribly at times.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
It literally says "if you are not living together". Since you are living together, you do not answer it. It's indicated directly in the wording of the question. You're overthinking. :) Skip the question

chris655

Oct 16, 2017
My tactics in writing these forms is to Leave No Spaces Untouched. This means for this question

4. If you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship? i checked "yes"
If no, explain why not.
"N/A - We visit each other during weekends. See below section"
If yes, give details below:
"See attached pages 12 to 14 for details"

Just be careful that Question 4 has a part for "Yes" and a part for "No"

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
If you living together and visited each other while not living together. Which was our case I think you can answer both ways as mentioned above.