+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about first year of tuition fees SDS

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
I am going to apply for visa for my master program in Canada. However, the university has 3 terms per year and total duration of degree is 16 months consecutively. I am planning to go for SDS and have confusion regarding first year fees. I want to ask how many semesters should I pay for fees ? like 2 or 3. 2 because 1 year = 8 months I guess. Please help me in this regard.

hamza1995

Dec 28, 2019
they will probably indicate the tuition fees for your first year in the acceptance letter,therefore you will know for sure how you need to pay and for how much semester.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
they will probably indicate the tuition fees for your first year in the acceptance letter,therefore you will know for sure how you need to pay and for how much semester.
Thank you for your response. However, there is no such thing mentioned on my acceptance letter. They have asked me to look at expense sheet which says university has three academic terms per year and whole fees is to be paid in 6 installments

May 15, 2021
I am going to apply for visa for my master program in Canada. However, the university has 3 terms per year and total duration of degree is 16 months consecutively. I am planning to go for SDS and have confusion regarding first year fees. I want to ask how many semesters should I pay for fees ? like 2 or 3. 2 because 1 year = 8 months I guess. Please help me in this regard.
Hi did u get any clarity on this..I m in as,e situation

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Most colleges or universities would ask you to pay at least 1st semester if your course is 8-months or 1-year program, for instance, Seneca College.
They might ask you to pay 1st year of tuition fee if your course is more than 2 years.

May 15, 2021
Most colleges or universities would ask you to pay at least 1st semester if your course is 8-months or 1-year program, for instance, Seneca College.
They might ask you to pay 1st year of tuition fee if your course is more than 2 years.

If the course is of 16 months with first term and 2nd term is of 4 months each and last term of 8 months ..then?

lamnt0702

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
If the course is of 16 months with the first term and 2nd term is of 4 months each and last term of 8 months ..then?
It doesn't matter how long a semester is.
If I were you, (1) I will send an email to the college to ask about how much I should pay, or (2) I would pay completely the tuition fee without a need to ask the college.