+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused ??

ivga1

Aug 1, 2008
hi all,

i have got the impression that it is almost impossible to get to Canada as foreign temporary workers without previous contact as it puts too much work on the employers as it is more work for them than for the employee for the sake of a semi skilled employee.

i have come across with a few posts under study visa section where applicants have been refused study visa (even though they already paid for the first semester) as they were unable to prove their strong ties to their country of origin and - i guess-gave the impression of staying in Canada after graduation.
on the other hand on the CIC web page actually encourages post graduates to stay in the country after graduation by participating in the post-graduation work employment program. i think this is a new legislation came into affect in april this year.

this makes no sense to me in a way that first you need to give proof that you will return to your own country but later you are effectively encouraged to stay and put your knowledge into practice in Canada so you and the country can benefit from it rightfully since you have studied in there.

Am i wrong in my thinking ?

your answers are very much appreciated.

Regards,
Gab

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Two different Goverment Departments with 2 Different Mindsets,One wants Immigrants,the other doesnt,Welcome to Canada where the Goverment contradicts itself.Another example,The Goverment tries to deport you and then pays for a lawyer to help you fight deportation!!!!!