+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused with other questions in IMM5533

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi,

Please enlighten me on my concerns about the document checklist for spousal sponsorship, I am still confused with other questions..
Appreciate your help and thanks in advance..

Part B. Supporting Documents for Sponsor

Question 3. Do you (the sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring have (a) child(ren) together who may have claim to Canadian Citizenship? No or Yes
- I am currently pregnant and will give birth in October, do I tick or select "No"?

Previous Relationship
Question 4. Have you (the sponsor) previously sponsored yourself for permanent residence? If you answer yes, please provide the full name of your sponsor here:________________________________________

- I'm a bit confused with this, is this pertaining to the one who sponsored me to migrate in Canada? My brother-in-law sponsored me and my daughter 3 years ago. Should I select yes and put the name of my brother-in-law?

Additional question:

Question 10. Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individul (IMM 5475).
- I just wanted to make sure about this, is this only applicable if you appoint a representative to your application? if so, no need to provide this form?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Please enlighten me on my concerns about the document checklist for spousal sponsorship, I am still confused with other questions..
Appreciate your help and thanks in advance..

Part B. Supporting Documents for Sponsor

Question 3. Do you (the sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring have (a) child(ren) together who may have claim to Canadian Citizenship? No or Yes
- I am currently pregnant and will give birth in October, do I tick or select "No"?

Previous Relationship
Question 4. Have you (the sponsor) previously sponsored yourself for permanent residence? If you answer yes, please provide the full name of your sponsor here:________________________________________

- I'm a bit confused with this, is this pertaining to the one who sponsored me to migrate in Canada? My brother-in-law sponsored me and my daughter 3 years ago. Should I select yes and put the name of my brother-in-law?

Additional question:

Question 10. Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individul (IMM 5475).
- I just wanted to make sure about this, is this only applicable if you appoint a representative to your application? if so, no need to provide this form?
Hi

1. You don't have a child, so the answer is No.

2. Your brother-in-law couldn't have sponsored you. Which immigration stream?

3. You don't need to provide it.

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi

1. You don't have a child, so the answer is No.

2. Your brother-in-law couldn't have sponsored you. Which immigration stream?

3. You don't need to provide it.
Thanks canuck_in_uk for your reply.
I was sponsored before my brother-in-law under family stream(provincial nominee program)
Do I leave the question blank under question 4- previous relationship?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks canuck_in_uk for your reply.
I was sponsored before my brother-in-law under family stream(provincial nominee program)
Do I leave the question blank under question 4- previous relationship?
PNP is an economic immigration stream. You were not sponsored.

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
PNP is an economic immigration stream. You were not sponsored.
Thanks again. Actually,I am sponsoring my husband now, I am just confused with the checklist for this particular question under the documents for sponsor. I thought (as a sponsor to my husband) i am going to put the name of my sponsor before for this question. I will just leave this question blank..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks again. Actually,I am sponsoring my husband now, I am just confused with the checklist for this particular question under the documents for sponsor. I thought (as a sponsor to my husband) i am going to put the name of my sponsor before for this question. I will just leave this question blank..
You can't leave anything blank. You weren't sponsored, so the answer is No.

kmr28

May 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
Hi @canuck_in_uk Question again regarding this. The Question 4. Have you (the sponsor) previously sponsored yourself for permanent residence? If you answer yes, please provide the full name of your sponsor here:_______________________________________. My mom sponsored me before for PR but this question falls under the category, "Previous Relationships". So do I check yes and put my mom's name as sponsor? Hope you can answer my question. thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk Question again regarding this. The Question 4. Have you (the sponsor) previously sponsored yourself for permanent residence? If you answer yes, please provide the full name of your sponsor here:_______________________________________. My mom sponsored me before for PR but this question falls under the category, "Previous Relationships". So do I check yes and put my mom's name as sponsor? Hope you can answer my question. thank you
I don't understand the confusion. If she actually sponsored you, then that is the only possible answer. Is there a reason you think no migt be the answer?