+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

##confused where to go for pr nd job?calgary, edmonton, or Vancouver???!

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
Recently in toronto... Have to move by end of this month.. Have 3 year wp.. Where should i move?
Alberta, bc where?

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
How many months you have been in Toronto? Maybe, you have not given a shot in your stay in Toronto. Have you explored already what Toronto can offer for a new migrant? Anyway, if you have done already and haven't find any luck there, then it is high time to move somewhere else.

Maybe you can try Edmonton and I have decided to choose this place for a lot of reasons. Will be moving there by end of July.

Cheers.

nickmalik

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Canada
IELTS Request
SanRoque said:
How many months you have been in Toronto? Maybe, you have not given a shot in your stay in Toronto. Have you explored already what Toronto can offer for a new migrant? Anyway, if you have done already and haven't find any luck there, then it is high time to move somewhere else.

Maybe you can try Edmonton and I have decided to choose this place for a lot of reasons. Will be moving there by end of July.

Cheers.
thanks buddy.. Its been 2 years and 8 months in toronto i tried but not much just.. Dnt like here.. Too crowdy.. Expensive.. Low income. So thats why and pr time too.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
You are right bud. Been there to have a look about the place and for me, it's looks like big for me and don't want to experience the traffic and chaos in travelling. Although, haven't really explored Toronto but my first impression seemed different maybe because I am currently in a quite and small place downunder. :)

What is your work background? That's one thing also why I did not choose the place, can't find job opportunities in the net compared to Edmonton but of course it is my only assessment. Some would disagree but it is my only opinion. :)

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
SanRoque said:
You are right bud. Been there to have a look about the place and for me, it's looks like big for me and don't want to experience the traffic and chaos in travelling. Although, haven't really explored Toronto but my first impression seemed different maybe because I am currently in a quite and small place downunder. :)

What is your work background? That's one thing also why I did not choose the place, can't find job opportunities in the net compared to Edmonton but of course it is my only assessment. Some would disagree but it is my only opinion. :)
Hello Sir

I was going through ur posts, and came to knwo that u are familiar of edmonton.
I am an Indian student,
I am applying to Masters in Information security course for this sept intake 2014 from Concordia Univeristy College of alberta in edmonton.

Can u tell me abouth the job prospects in edmonton or alberta related to this course.

Or Broadly speaking, about the job ooprtunites in field of IT in alberta

I am choosing edmonton because I heard its easier to get PR.

My profile is good, and people suggest me to go for higher ranked public univ.
Going for masters from a low ranked university hampers my chances of getting jobs??

Any suggestions are most welcome

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello buddy

I can't give you really the real score of IT jobs in Alberta because I am not into this field. The best that you can do is check in the net the different job sites and you can see from there how in demand your field is.

Good luck. :)

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
is Edmonton right place to look for accountant or admin jobs?

s7ngh

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
23-04-2014
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
00-00-0000
alot of my friends who were on student visas moved to edmonton and winnipeg. Now they all have jobs and disposable incomes
cost of living is higher but salaries provided take care of it for most of them.

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
s7ngh said:
alot of my friends who were on student visas moved to edmonton and winnipeg. Now they all have jobs and disposable incomes
cost of living is higher but salaries provided take care of it for most of them.
Thanks for sharing this..
Can you please elaborate the field in which yr friends got job?
Just wanted to know whether edmonton (alberta/ calgary) is suitable for job in security/ IT domain ??