+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused to land in Canada or not

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi Experts

I am in a very uncanny situation. I recently received PR under CEC but (not too recently) also working in a mid senior IT job where I am earning close to 1.3 lakhs a month. This doesn't include the signing bonus (which I received for 1.5 lakhs) and yearly bonus of close to another 2.8 lakhs.

Now I have started applying for jobs in Canada but couldn't get shortlisted for anything more than C$85,000 per year. Also my wife isn't working or won't be working in the future too. In such a scenario if I live a somewhat luxurious life I don't think I will save more than 80-90 k Indian rupees a month in Canada.

So is it a worthwhile to take a plunge in Canada leaving my reasonably high paid job in India?

Experts please comment.

Thanks and Regards

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Land and take the PR card now. Then you can decide later whether you want to settle in Canada or not. You need to stay 2 out of 5 years in Canada to keep the PR status.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
ttrajan said:
Land and take the PR card now. Then you can decide later whether you want to settle in Canada or not. You need to stay 2 out of 5 years in Canada to keep the PR status.
Isn't getting the PR means landing for me and all my dependents and being in Canada for (around) 6 weeks - which is the average processing time at present?

Thanks and Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leothelion123 said:
Isn't getting the PR means landing for me and all my dependents and being in Canada for (around) 6 weeks - which is the average processing time at present?

Thanks and Regards
You don't have to stay that long. You can give an address of a friend or a relative if you have one. Even if you end up not getting the PR card, you would get the PR status if you land before the expiry of your visa. After that, you have up to 3 years outside Canada before you have to decide if to move. In order to get to Canada without a PR card, you can apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy which you would get if you have not exceeded 1094 days outside Canada since you got your PR.