+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about the passport pages

sumie

Apr 6, 2009
Hello guys,
I am preparing the documents for applying under the Alberta Immigration Nomination Program - US Visa holder category. Have a question about sending the passport copies.

Here is what the form AINP 009A says about the passport:

Supporting Documents Required :
A copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members. Include the personal information page(s), any page(s) showing the expiry and renewal date(s) of the passport, and any page(s) containing U.S. visa(s).

I am confused about 2 things :

1) I have seen several people saying on the forum that we need to send copies of ALL the pages of passport. Do I really need to do that, or the personal information page and the visa stamping pages are enough ?

2) People have certified/notarized passport pages. Is that really required, since they have not asked for it ? Response from folks who have sent the documents already and got a response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sumie.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
1)u need NOT send the blank pages of passport.
2)in the old application they asked for notarized/certified copy of passport. the new version of application(2009/03) doesnt specify tht

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi sumie

You don't have to do copy of all pages of passport - You need only page with photo visa and stamp of entry to Canada.
and Yes You need the certify copy of that pages - they told me that when i call them.

what they told me more that birth cert. marriage cert divorce etc have to be certify translate and certify copy or original of that cert

sumie

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks iAlberta, onlyy44.

onlyy44,

onlyy44 said:
Hi sumie

You don't have to do copy of all pages of passport - You need only page with photo visa and stamp of entry to Canada.
and Yes You need the certify copy of that pages - they told me that when i call them.

what they told me more that birth cert. marriage cert divorce etc have to be certify translate and certify copy or original of that cert
I don't see the requirement to send the copy of birth certificate anywhere in the AINP forms. Is that something they just told you verbally or it is required when sending the application to CIC at a later stage?

Thanks again,
sumie.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
oh sorry!

You are sending to AINP?

If yes you don't need a certify copy for any documents - I didn't sent

for CIC you need certify copy

sorry for confused

regards

RAJAM

Mar 13, 2009
passport copies have to be notarized/certiied, this is as per ANIP application iinstructions.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
However, as 'only44' pointed out, they have not specified 'certified' for copies passport in their instructions.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/IA-AINP_ainp009a.pdf

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
all case are different - so I didn't sent a certify copy and they don't ask for it.

I showing You my experience with AINP

regards