Confused about passport submission within Canada

BenA105

Star Member
Dec 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,

I'm sponsoring my wife to come here via outland spousal sponsorship. Anyway, her passport request email just came through a couple of days ago (woohoo) and she's been in Canada on a tourist visa for a couple of weeks, so we want to submit it whilst she's here.

Just confused about a couple of the details in the email:

We're given a document checklist:
- Passport (s)
- Passport photos x2
- Passport Submission Form

That seems to be what you need to send for if she was sending her passport from outside Canada (in our case, to Moscow)

But the part about submitting inside Canada states:

"If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address."

Sooooo just the passport and the letter then?! Or fill in the form and the photos also? I'm confused!

Also, she's a duel citizen, Armenia and Syria. She doesn't have to send her Syrian passport too does she?

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA 31-07-2015 ecas 21-07-2015 AOR 2 06-08-2015 IP 28-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
Hey BenA105,
I also got the same request last Friday, decided to send all of the documents they mentioned - passport, 2 photos, form and letter.
What's regarding your wife's dual citizenship- which passport did she use to enter Canada as a tourist? I would send this one as a proof of her legal status in Canada
Does she plan to apply for citizenship later? If yes she would need to give up one of her current citizenships ( also depend on countries agreement on dual citizenship with Canada), so I would've put visa stamp in a passport she intend to keep later. Also if it's the same passport as she used to enter Canada,i think it won't be a bad idea to also send a copy of other passport.
Does she have any preferences for which passport she would like visa to be stamp in? If yes, then may be write an explanation letter stating which passport she would like to be used and why, along with information about other passport for cic and border records.
Good luck with submission and new life in Canada!