+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conestoga will CON you. Do NOT go there

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I feel that they have begun to realize that Canadian students don't want to be in classes with so many internationals. Now they are going to isolate them :D
LOL. I don't know what is the reality but those who are coming from third world country they have become a cash cow for colleges and universities so this was bound to happen.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You are right. Even public institutions. You have to research the program really well. For example, George Brown is creating a business school JUST for International students. Who wants to bet that the education will be garbage?
Same as University Canada west where you have 100% of all students as international and from one country. First day of class, my buddy who lecture there mentioned a company very common in Canada, no one knows and couldnt comment anything as their all new in

Last edited:

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Same as University Canada wesr when you have 100% of all students international and from one country. First day of class, my buddy who lecture there mentioned a company very common in Canada, no one knows and couldnt comment anything as their all new in
I heard about this university so much in india that every MBA aspirant wants to go there.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Okay guys,
I have been CONNED and I am writing this post so you don't end up wasting your money.
My agent signed me up to Canada for 2 years course so I would get 3 years work permit, leading to PR. Great.
Turns out my course is just 15 months but they are charging me for FOUR semesters.
Each semester comes to around 9K CAD. And be careful, each semester is only for 3 and a half months.

I got friends who did similar one year course from Centennial and Humber and they paid around 25 K for ONE YEAR course (much lesser than Conestoga)

They have a new 'campus' in Kitchener which is basically 2 floors in an old mall.

I have an understanding that this is where they enroll students from poor countries. POC students.

Does anyone have more info about Conestoga or their Kitchener campus?
If you can afford to pay $36K a program then why going to College for a Certicate or Diploma? With that amount of money you just dont throw it instead you should do your own research.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I heard about this university so much in india that every MBA aspirant wants to go there.
Yeah, i think their segment is International Students from India.
Not sure if they can afford to remain open if Canada continue to suspend flights from India/Pakistan. They recently move to a new rented building and if they signed longterm, they must be struggling with revenue….very risky moving there

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Yeah, i think their segment is International Students from India.
Not sure if they can afford to remain open if Canada continue to suspend flights from India/Pakistan. They recently move to a new rented building and if they signed long term, they must be struggling with revenue….very risky moving there
that is why public universities devote certain quotas for international students. like acceptance rate for international students are far away less than Canadian students. tbh i am with this. the educational system should be diversified. imagine having 100k students coming from two or three countries and fload the entire class. this is why ircc now is diversifying the source market. encourage new applicants from countries that witness less applications and improve their approval rate. where countries with high income students receives stricter applications with decreased approval rate. for example. brazil witnessed decrease, Also india and Pakistan. and tbh if i found out that the college put me in class for only international students. i would actually leave Canada :DDDDD

Fool me once

May 23, 2021
Well, Gentlemen.
Thank you so much for your observation and analysis. I appreciate it.
I am happy to hear that with 15 months (2-year term), I will be eligible for three years PGWP.
I do understand that it is mild racism that perhaps 'international' students have a separate campus. It is unfortunate, but there are things that one cannot control.
However, I will be having the last laugh because this bitch is going to live her best life and that's the only thing that matters.

Fool me once

May 23, 2021
If you can afford to pay $36K a program then why going to College for a Certicate or Diploma? With that amount of money you just dont throw it instead you should do your own research.
Hmmm. You are right. My graduation grades were poor and I had many backlogs. I was told by multiple agencies that no uni will accept me. I had Uni of Winnipeg in my mind and it was much cheaper. I figured Ontario would be better keeping my profession in mind. I got through Conestoga quickly and the deadline was looming, so I jumped right in.

Fool me once

May 23, 2021
"tbh if i found out that the college put me in class for only international students. i would actually leave Canada :DDDDD"
TBH. I am actually proud to be in a class full of POCs. They are literally the coolest people. However, I wish we had more POC professors. 'Yytes' bore me beyond a point :*

Fool me once

May 23, 2021
I stopped reading when you said you enrolled with an agent. I really hope people stop trusting them entirely and do your own research. I initially approached agents just to get an idea and I saw a pattern of the colleges they recommend are all the same (high commissions) and not really in best interest of candidates.
I know. I really wanted to do it on my own. But 'your girl' is lazy and I like to get things done ;)

Fool me once

May 23, 2021
This is so true. Do research apply to universities and colleges. Make it a point to also submit your own application for visa. Saves a lot of effort in the end
That's too much of work buddy.
You haven't really explained how they conned you though? Most 2 year courses are actually 16-months long and it's that way for most public universities. 16 months is 4 semesters so why are you shocked they are charging you for 4 semesters? Also, they didn't lie to you about where they are situated, you can find the info on their website.

The person who conned you here in is your agent who sold you the dream of Canada PR via a quack school. It's all on you. Conestoga never lied about what and who they are.
My agent didn't sell me dream of Canada PR. I am a dreamer. I dream and manifest big.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
TBH. I am actually proud to be in a class full of POCs. They are literally the coolest people. However, I wish we had more POC professors. 'Yytes' bore me beyond a point :*
Hope its not sarcasm. I dont see reasons to play “racism” card. Its about the choices and decision and how you move from there. I understand significant fees paid and 3yrs pgwp expectation vanished, but it happened, and as you said you had low grades and chose that college. Nothing you could change be in a class with full of People of Colors, or wish to have Profs as POC

Reactions: wonderbly

Fool me once

May 23, 2021
Hope its not sarcasm. I dont see reasons to play “racism” card. Its about the choices and decision and how you move from there. I understand significant fees paid and 3yrs pgwp expectation vanished, but it happened, and as you said you had low grades and chose that college. Nothing you could change be in a class with full of People of Colors, or wish to have Profs as POC
I am eligible for 3 years PGWP as it was clarified by many in this thread. That's all that matters to me. I am anyways skilled and capable of turning my life around whenever I want to. A Canadian degree/certificate/PGWP will only help me fly higher.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
its not about being cool or its not about racism. but i find it very annoying if school choose to divide classes. i remember it happening this to me in turkey my program was taught in English but some Turkish students did have problems with English language. so what the school did was making seperate classes for some subjects that was only devoted for turkish students and in next year we realized that they seperated us interntional students in section A and turkish Students in Section B. that was the most fucked up thing they did because it contradicted with their diversity and international educational system. what is the point in creating international system if you divide students. i find it more enjoyable being in class mixed with everyone regardless what they come from. if school feels that there are so many international students then they just should limit the quotas. but hi no one cares as long you generate $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I am eligible for 3 years PGWP as it was clarified by many in this thread. That's all that matters to me. I am anyways skilled and capable of turning my life around whenever I want to. A Canadian degree/certificate/PGWP will only help me fly higher.
i would not be overconfident to be honest. u never know what could happen 2 more years and they could change their pgwp programs and u will have to go back to square one.