+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditions for Québec graduates for the Québec Experience Program

MS_1992

Apr 15, 2023
Hi,

My question in bref :
Do I absolutely have to work in the field in which I did my study diploma, to satisfy the condition of the work experience required in the PEQ or can I work in any other job level 0, A or B?

********* More details ********
I am a foreign student living in Quebec and I have just finished my professional study diploma of 1800 hours in welding-assembly (#5195) at the Aviron Institute of Montreal.

I have already applied for a post-graduation work permit and I plan to apply for permanent immigration through the Quebec experience program (PEQ) under the Quebec graduate stream.

Among the conditions for admission to the PEQ in relation to work experience, there are two following points for holders of a DEP of 1800 hours or more:
• First point: having obtained work experience of at least 18 months after the end of the study program
• Second point: the work must be full-time in a job at level 0, A, B or C of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Knowing that the DEP in welding-assembly (#5195) is at level B according to CNP 2016 (and level 2 according to CNP 2021), my question is as follows:

Question :
Do I absolutely have to work as a welder, a field in which I did my study diploma, to satisfy the condition of the work experience required in the PEQ or can I work in any other job level 0, A or B?

I'm a little confused since on the site https://www.quebec.ca/immigration/programmes-immigration/programme-experience-quebecoise/conditions-selection/diplomes-quebec is written that when you submit the application the work does not have to be related to your study program
“…To be eligible, you must also be employed full-time and at one of these NOC levels at the time you apply:
• if your job is level 0, A or B, it does not have to be related to your study program;
… »

Thanks for your help,